Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login to web player - FB button doesn't work and says my login and pw are wrong

Solved!

Can't login to web player - FB button doesn't work and says my login and pw are wrong

Hi, I can't seem to login to the web player. My account is linked with Facebook but the FB button doesn't work (might be blocked in office environment, however I'm logged in with Facebook on the same browser) so I tried the other way; with my FB user name (e-mail address) AND the Spotify user name (the random numbers), but even after checking the numbers and FB password multiple times, it keeps telling me my login and password are wrong. Can't live without my Spotify access, so any help is VERY welcome... Thank you in advance!

Edit: oh and for posting this message I had to log in and this actually works with the Spotify user name and my password... What's up with that?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just solved it for myself, I had the problem that the country I was in didn't match the country specified in my profile. Changed this and it worked first time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

@user-removed sorry to hear about those login issues!

• have you tried logging in from a different browser? (i would suggest deleting the browser cache as well)
  • logging in with those details on the desktop works fine?

Hello, thanks for your reply.
Yes I tried a different browser, cleared cache, unfortunately with the same result.

Funny thing is; I was logged in on this laptop with that browser, until I had to clear my cookies and cache, so I got logged out.

Logging in with the same credentials in the desktop app on my Mac (other laptop) works fine. Can't install the desktop app on this one though, due to admin rights.

Another edit after posting: had to log in again to post this, and then the Facebook login button worked perfectly well here... Not on the web player.

@user-removed okay sounds like a problem with the flash cache, which you may not have access to given admin privileges

I'll forward you on to the support team (some things they'll ask for:

• Your platform and operating system (Mac, Windows, iPhone etc.).
  • Is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both?
  • A full description of the issue, with as much detail as possible.
  • How long you've had this issue.
  • What actions led to it happening. 

https://support.spotify.com/au/contact-spotify-support/

hope you get a speedy resolution!

Alright, I will contact them. Thank you

Marked as solution

Just solved it for myself, I had the problem that the country I was in didn't match the country specified in my profile. Changed this and it worked first time.

Suggested posts