Can't play Podcasts over Spotify Connect with Yamaha Musiccast

Re: Can't play Podcasts over Spotify Connect with Yamaha Musiccast

BaconAddict
Casual Listener

I can confirm this is still and issue.  Using Spotify on Android and a Yamaha YAS-706.  I did report it to Yamaha and got a noncommittal shrug of an answer.  I hate pestering people but maybe it's the only way to get such a seemingly simple problem addressed.

Eddieblix
Casual Listener

I have same problem. Airplay doesn`t work either

Eddieblix
Casual Listener

I have solved it on my network. My MusicCast is on the LAN, which after a firmware upgrade to my wirelessly MESH network (where one unit is assigned as router) the MusicCast became unreachable.

When I changed the MusicCast to go wireless (and on MESH as well) it works.

I believe it would also work if I discontinue the MESH router function and let my LAN router handle the DHCP ip-address assignment. 

BaconAddict
Casual Listener

Eddie, not sure if you were encountering the same issue.  This was not an issue of network connectivity.  Music plays fine.  Podcasts do not.

itsmrjack
Regular

This is a problem for me too (podcasts won't play on Connect). It seems it is a categorisation issue on Spotify's part. Podcasts being labelled "mixed-media" by Spotify means they won't play on audio-only Connect devices.

I just tried re-submitting the issue as a new idea but the system is being funky and tells me there are highlighted errors with my post when there is nothing highlighted! How the heck is one supposed to get an issue resolved when the help system doesn't even function correctly!

Anyhow, what to do? This issue will affect anyone who owns a Connect device and listens to podcasts! I might try to post a new help topic as a general issue...

itsmrjack
Regular

Ok so I've just managed to create a new Idea post about this issue

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Connect-re-categorise-podcasts-as-AU...

And have also tweeted @spotifycares

https://twitter.com/itsmrjack/status/1192085110998347776

If a bunch of us also tweet/retweet my tweet perhaps this will get looked at properly.

itsmrjack
Regular
ps. Please also vote up my idea post!

BaconAddict
Casual Listener
seems like a ridiculously easy fix. hope they get it done.

SpotyCast
Casual Listener

Hi everyone

my musiccast setup consits of one RX-V683 receiver, a pair of musiccast 20s and a WX-010 speaker. Playing music via Spotify connect works fine on all devices. However, when I switch to playing podcasts, only the musiccast 20s will play them. 

I think this doesn't fit to the theory that the "mixed-media" labeling is the problem. 

To me it's more about an insufficient firmware support on Yamaha's side.

I hope they'll fix it soon.

itsmrjack
Regular
Hi SpotyCast, your situation doesn't rule out the labeling theory though.

It could be both a firmware and a labeling issue.

In your case it may just be that the firmware on the musiccast 20's allows 'mixed-media' playback via Connect.

I'm just surmising but if this 'both-theories theory' holds water, then a firmware update of the other Yamaha products in your setup may solve it for you, and other Yamaha users, whereas a relabeling of podcasts on Spotify's side would fix the issue for ALL users and ALL Connect devices.
SUGGESTED POSTS