Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play a full album

Solved!

Can't play a full album

Just went into premium, but still cant play a full album. after playing the first song of the album by clicking on it, Spotify will than shuffle the songs and worse, play the songs in live versions! can i just listen to a full album by its original order?!!! am i doing something wring? it doesnt seem right...

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

How to Solve: 

1. Try to relogin your accounts, it might help your account to refresh in the Spotify's server

2. Try to search for thr whole album song and try to play it

I hope this do help you out 😄

Keep Calm and Jam on Spotify!!

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

How to Solve: 

1. Try to relogin your accounts, it might help your account to refresh in the Spotify's server

2. Try to search for thr whole album song and try to play it

I hope this do help you out 😄

Keep Calm and Jam on Spotify!!

I'm having the same issue. This is awful! I logged out and in, no effect. When I try to play an album on my phone, it doesn't replace the queue with it, it just adds it to the queue. I can't for the life of me figure out how to replace the queue with another song or album.

I had spotify premium before and this wasn't an issue. It seems like it relates to a recent change. 

I'm having this exact same problem on my iPhone app.  When I search for an album (ie 3 Rounds and a Sound from Blind Pilot) and start playing the 1st song it then starts playing other songs not even on the album.  If I look at the queue list there are a ton of songs unrelated to the album.  But at the bottom of the queue list there is a section "Next From: 3 Rounds and a Sound".

Also, if I have full song view open on the phone it says "3 Rounds and a Sound" a the top while playing the 1st song on the album (Oviedo), then the next song that plays shows "Queue" at the top and is playing a song not on the album.

I logged off and on and I still cannot listen to a full album.  The songs shuffle to random songs not even by the same artist or in the same genre.  So frustrating.

Doesn't work

Hey @Asotos,

Thank you for the post.

Could you let us know if this happens on any other devices?

We also suggest that you do a clean reinstall of the app.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

It happens on a fresh install, on a new Android phone. I haven't tried this on other devices.

Just to be clear: The problem is that only the first song of the album plays, and then songs from the queue are played (not the rest of the songs from the album).
I found no way to submit a ticket or a question, so I replied in this thread.

I have the same problem .. tried reloging and also searching album. Nothing

Did clean removal from iPhone and installed again . Nothing . Please help

i changed my country in the account two days back 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

@Asotos - you mention that other queued tracks are played when this happens. Just to confirm, does the same happen if you've cleared the queue of all tracks? You can find how to do this here. Keep in mind that if you start playing on any playlist but have tracks added in your queue, playback should continue to your queued tracks (until you've heard to all queued tracks) rather than the remaining tracks in the playlist.

If you're still experiencing this after clearing the queue in the app, it'd be really helpful if you could share a screenrecording of what's happening so we can take a closer look - just make sure that there's no private info displayed.

@Igybeck - just to confirm, are you on free or a Premium subscription at the moment?

Keep in mind that if you're on free, you can listen to a playlist based on the album, or add individual tracks from an album to a playlist. You can listen to an album in full with Spotify Premium. You can find more info about Shuffle on free here.

Hope this info is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else! 

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I am on free account. When I was india I was able to play any album I liked . I moved to UK and Spotify asked me to change country. After changing I can’t even play songs I used to listen before. When I open album I like I can’t pick the song I want to play and the songs in the album are listed one after another on the album and I can’t select them. When I click on play button on the player random song from random album is playing 

B7979B56-109D-41C9-B257-A9E1823A23E7.png

Hey there @Igybeck,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

Currently, users in India have free-on-demand access to music. If your account was previously set to India as you mention it would explain what's happening since this is not available to users in the UK. 

Further, since you recently updated the country registered to your account, it would explain why some content is no longer available as content availability can vary between different locations. You can find more about this here.

We hope this sheds a bit more light into things but we'll be right here if you need more help.

Cheers!

KaterinaModerator

try redownloading the app it worked for me

I had to clear my queue manually.

Re-logging in does not work. Playing a full record even when on the page of the full record, after the first song plays the second song Bounces to some random song or playlist that I’ve played in the past.

I wonder if this is Spotify’s way of avoiding paying the full publishing payment for the full record to the artist instead of paying for just one song.

Was having this issue.  Not sure if it exactly relates, but to me this feels like a bug.

When playing an album, it does not overwrite the queue sometimes - I feel like it *normally* does? But I can't even really confirm that.  Just that it feels weird that an album play button click, puts song 1 at start of queue and fails to queue the other songs afterwards..  Has to be a bug, right?

For those who want an actual solution to full albums not playing when clicking, if it's relating to what I'm describing:  Try going to your Queue and click Clear Queue.  That should remedy the problem by removing queued song, allowing the selected album to take over and play fully.

I have the same issue on my iPhone. I logged in and out but it doesn’t help. I plays the first sone of the album, then plays random songs that are not on the album. 

Hi there @DebraZebra,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This could be happening due to a number of factors. Please check the following:

• Make sure your Play Queue is cleared before playing music. You can clear it by clicking the Queue button > Clear queue. This option should be available on Desktop and Mobile.
  • Make sure that Enhance is switched off. This button will appear on top of your playlist. If it's turned on (green) it will automatically add similar songs to your playlist.
  • Make sure Smart Shuffle is turned off.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Hi,

I had the same problem, I loged out and did not hepl. So... I reinstalled and it is like a new! 

Suggested posts