Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't queue on new web player

Can't queue on new web player

I can't seem to queue songs or view the list of upcoming songs on new web player.

19 Replies

Hey @pichipichi8

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, are you getting any error messages? Also, can you let us know the steps you're following to add songs to the queue? 

We'll be waiting 

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

โ€œThe music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.โ€ โ€“ Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I'm having the same problem. It seems like Spotify removed the queue feature altogether on the Web Player. I want to add a song to my queue, but there is no option to do so when I right click on a song. I can't even find where my queue is on this new design.

Luckily, the Spotify app on the iPhone seems to work like normal. So instead, I am using my phone to add songs to my queue to play through my Web Player. It's fine that I'm doing this, but it would be much more convenient to do it directly on the Web Player.

I can't imagine why they would remove this feature, especially when it is not consistent across all platforms. It must just be a bug or error.

It must just be a bug or error.

Nope, it's not a bug nor an error. It is intentional. The web player is (at least, I think so) meant to be a lightweight version of Spotify without all of Spotify's features. For all of Spotify's features, you will have to download the desktop application, which offers more features, and has (imo) a better design.

Unfortunately, I am using a Chromebook. They only way you can listen to Spotify on Chromebooks is via the Web Player. 

@Vinnybonboot wrote:

Unfortunately, I am using a Chromebook. They only way you can listen to Spotify on Chromebooks is via the Web Player. 

Actually, that's incorrect. If you have Chrome OS version 53 or higher you can install applications via the Google Play Store, which should have Spotify available. That offers a lot more features than the Web Player still.

I should note though that depending on your Chromebook, it may or may not be available.

The Google Play store is only available on a select list of Chromebooks, mine isn't on the list (Acer Chromebook 13).

I just want to be able to queue tracks in the web player, I don't need any other "advanced" features. And honestly, a queue is a really basic feature.

Not only is a queue a basic feature, not everyone can install the desktop. For example, my job prohibits installing the Spotify desktop app but allows the web player. I know a lot of companies who have the same policy. Should this group of users just be neglected basic music player functionality? I can do without the pretty pictures and colors. Just let me see what's playing next and let me add songs to the queue.

Same here. The old web player supported this functionality!

Exactly the same for me. I am a premium user since years ago and at work I can only use the web version as I am not allowed to install software. Not only queueing is something extremely basic and needed, is also that the new layout needs much more space to display the same information. It takes 5x times to find a playlist and I find the new design totally unnecessary compared to the fact that I cannot select a bunch of songs to be played for later... Is there a way to revert this? There should be a solution!

I have the same problem. I'm a premium user who listens to the web player on my work computer. Installing software is prohibited by everyone but IT level access where I work, and unfortunately I don't work in IT. Really disappointed to see these features gone, even for a paying subscriber.

@Kamran wrote:

@Vinnybonboot wrote:

Actually, that's incorrect. If you have Chrome OS version 53 or higher you can install applications via the Google Play Store, which should have Spotify available. That offers a lot more features than the Web Player still.

I should note though that depending on your Chromebook, it may or may not be available.

I'm running Chrome OS 57 and the only app I can find is bascially just a bookmark to play.spotify.com and therefore does not resolve the issue. I'm on an Asus C300 Chromebook and will be looking into other streaming services if the queue isn't brought back. 

I'm in the exact same boat. Have had premium for over a year but to listen at work I can only use the web player. This is a huge bummer ๐Ÿ˜ž 

For some reason Spotify won't work properly when I download it to my computer and Spotify staff are still unable to solve the issue. I've been using the Web Player for the past few months and am absolutely pissed about it. 

I asked them about it on Twitter and they said they will add it back if enough people want it. Go pester Spotify on Twitter and hopefully they'll get the hint

I agree completely. As a Premium user it doesnt seem like that crazy of feature to keep, it seems like a ploy. THE PEOPLE WANT THE QUEUE!

Pestered!! I was hoping there would be a solution to this thread but hopefully bugging them will work!

I can't believe the queue functionality is gone... to me, this is as senseless as being unable to pause. What the heck, Spotify?

Spotify doesn't care, just get over it they won't fix it for you.

Well thats just **bleep**ing stupid. What about the people in school trying to listen to it on thier chromebooks during studyhall? I'm ok with not being able to download stuff but not being able to set a queue is really distracting.

This matched the behavior I'm seeing. I just launched the desktop version, switch the play device from web to my PC, and then was able to add songs to queue while continuing to listen to my current playlist. I seem to also be able to queue on mobile still. I'm surprised this was removed from Web Player. I just noticed it this week; I'm surprised others have been seeing this for months.

Suggested posts