Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't rename or delete playlists

Can't rename or delete playlists

Hello!

I'm using the webplayer through chrome, and I can't seem to rename or delete any playlists I've made. The only options I can find by either clicking the "..." or right-clicking the playlist are "start radio" "copy playlist link" and "make public/secret". Have these features been removed, or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

16 Replies

Try the option edit details

Such option does not appear....

There is no option to edit details?

I have the same symptoms since the update.  The only time I saw a possible solution was one time, while in the playlist, I saw a "Delete" option underneath the play button.  I clicked it, nothing happened, and that's the last time I saw the Label on any playlist.  There appears to be no way/option to delete a playlist now.....**bleep**?

I am having the exact same problem on my chromebook!! I've been trying to look all over the internet for a solution. It sucks...

Ever sice this stupid update I've been having the same exact problem! I wan't to delete a playlist but there isn't even an option to it's so aggravating  

The good news -As of Monday, April 24th, 2017, I can now delete a playlist on my chromebook. There is now an option on the new format. How long it will be there is yet to be seen.  The BAD NEWS - I still have very few options with the new format.  I can not rename a playlist.  I often have more than one band or artist in a playlist (duh), but there is no option to add more than one artist as the title for that playlist.  I am using a chromebook. I have to agree with just about everyone, the new format should have at the very least been given a test run before rolling it out to us.  There are SO many problems with the new format. I would not let any retail store keep my money if everytime I ordered something there were problems with the order. I pay premium and it is a luxury for me -  Music is more than just background noise to me. It is a HUGE part of my everyday life. I have spent years using Spotify and pay on time every single month. Never once been late. Now it is time to decide if I want to keep paying for an inferior product. Since the new format with all it's problems has interferred and messed with me everyday since its arrival, I am rethinking my premium membership. It is like trying to decide to get rid of the bad boyfriend or toxic relationship. You KNOW you should, but it has become habit. ha ha - I'd love a ball park figure as to how long (HONESTLY) it will take for Spotify to fix the plethora of problems facing us with this horrible new format.  I want to mention I had THE BEST service from online chat with a gal named Patrisha a few nights ago and she helped get things working. Great experience, and If i'm going to @itch, then I also have to balance this out by saying, Thank you to Patrisha.  She was so kind and really went more than the extra mile to get things up and running. I probably did this whole thing wrong as I am not used to using the "Community" for help. So sorry if this isn't the way things are done here. Just need some answers and thought I would give this a try. Thank you to those who let me know they agreed with my last @itch session. 🙂 If there is a way to rename a playlist I'd love to know about it. I would also really like an honest answer as to HOW LONG before we have Spotify back to the usual problems and a format that we can at least listen to without wanting to yank our hair from it's roots daily. THank you - Hope to hear from anyone that has found a solid fix to playlist renaming. Peace to all -  

Download the desktop app and you can do anything you want with the playlist including renaming it, delete songs, etc. The format looks like the original one. If you want to rename a playlist, just bring it up  and right click the title, then click on edit details, the title will be highlighted just type the new title you want, then click save and your done.

As you can see from the previous comments, some of us have Chromebooks and/or we listen at work where we aren't allowed to download the software. 

And, the functionality USED TO be there. We want it back. 

Having the same problem, using a chromebook and on webplayer there is no option to even change the name of the playlists. Love how Spoitfy can change its interface entirely to something so anti user. Hope something gets changed soon, either to something easier to use across the board or back to the old interface.

I wrote a lenghthy message about this problem on APRIL 24th of this year!  Obviously Spotify does not find this important enough to fix. The ONLY way I can rename of playlist is to DELETE the entire playlist, then create a new name for the playlist and ONE by ONE add the songs back into the newly renamed playlist! I do NOT have the time or patience for such cowpies! (bull**bleep** for those of you who did not grow up on a farm) Now I just create the playlist with the artists name and if there are other songs I want in that playlist I add the words "C Related" so at least I have an idea what is in that playlist. For paying premium prices this is just more arrogance from Spotify in my opinon. How hard can this fix be? It is more than frustrating.  How the heck am I to know what is in that playlist? Should I perhaps use silly names; ie: Music I liked on Sat Oct 28th? (Sorry my memory is not that good) or how about "Kindy Jazzy Ambient Folky quiet and loud at the same time music by 12 different artists) All songs by Foreign Artists? All songs starting with the letter A and so forth and so on? Again my memory just does not have that ability. I have been listening and making playlists on mixcloud which I am really enjoying and You Tube has music you can not find on Spotify. (Through the Looking Glass by Midori Takada which I listen to at least a couple times a week) I so want to dump my Spotify account but, just can't do it. I have put so many hours into it. Not to mention a few years of premium cost. Every time I want to rename a playlist I can hear Spotify yawning. Bigger fish to fry or what ever - My problem  and quite a few others it seems) obviously are a non issue for Spotify. My best advice for now (probably forever) is to use the artists name you are going to have the greatest number of songs from in a playlist and then add the words see related or C related to it. At least you can go to the main artists page and then click on related artists and then you'll have an idea of who you put into that playlist 6 months ago! Not a good fix but, it's all I could think of to come up with someway to know what the **bleep** is in a particular playlist - I now spend quite a bit of time removing doubles. I also spend a lot more time on other music sites. Spotify doesn't own the music. I am always blown away by how much music is out there! Honestly, YouTube has music I never would have heard if not for the insane music buffs that upload and share their music collections. That Midori Takada album I mentioned is one of the most incredible things my ears have ever experinced. It's been pulled and then put up again but just like Spotify EVERY site has it's up's and downs. I have an enormous playlist by Harold Budd on You Tube. FINALLY, REMEMBER, life is short and cowpies are everywhere. You can either spend your time cleaning **bleep** off your boots everytime you step in one OR just say to **bleep** with it, continue on your journey and wash the boots off after you get home. In other words, lifes too short to let the little stuff mess up your day. Let the big stuff do that for you. That's there everyday as well. In the long run, at the very end of it all, what was really important? Whatever it is or was will most certainly not matter when we leave this weird and wonderful place. Peace to all, everywhere. Illegitimi non carborundum (Don't let the bastards grind you down)

This makes me want to smash my chromebook! The same problem is going on! I am really tempted just to find a new good music website. Well, more like it, I have tried.

PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE spotify!!!!!!!!!

I am seriously trying to decide whether or not to keep paying for something that never works the way it should. If this were a product I could hold in my hand, I would have called customer service and received a credit or been sent a new item. Spotify is too cheap to even have a customer service department! No phone, no human beings to speak to and always advice that, for me, is way too technical to follow most of the time. I have been trying out mix cloud for the last couple months and making great play lists using you tube. Not sure I am being smart keeping Spotify. It makes me feel cornered and angry. I should at least, (as well as EVERYONE else who is paying premium) be getting a lower rate or a credit for that matter for each month I can not get the "updated" version to work! I have a nice little speaker and everything sounds better on all my other music channels - I still have way to delete the name of a playlist, I still cannot get the web player to work and this has been going on since the "NEW UPDATE" - The problem with dumping Spotify is all the hours we have spent making those playlists or saving certain albums etc. Well, I've just spent a couple months finding new ways to make new playlists or even the same ones just using different sites. You Tube has far more music than Spotify but you do run into finding copyright problems. On the other hand I can listen to many songs and albums on YT that Spotify just does not have. Mix Cloud is fantastic. Pick ANYTHING you love to listen to and you'll most likely find it. I made a bunch of playlists and find myself using mixcloud more often lately than Spotify. I am so sick of feeling the fool to a giant company who doesn't even consider refunding the money I've sent every month (without fail) for an inferior product and no lower rate until they get their act together. Phew! That felt GOOOOOD!  I'm okay now. I know I'll end up waiting a little longer just to see what happens. But I will not wait MUCH longer. Life is short. Why hassel with this nonscence?

Hey, Here's an idea... Can I trade my badges in for a web player that works? How about Spotify just give me a few month's of FREE premium for ALL the problems instead of the badges. " I don't need no stinkin badges." (You had to know that was coming, my sincere apologies)  Seriously though, I am not in grade school. I would love to see a real live customer service center and do without the badges. I stopped getting excited about a gold star on my school work years and years (etc etc) ago. Loose the silly badges and just work on getting the new updated system to work properly for EVERYONE. Okay - Now, I really am done. Peace all.

You can't rename a playlist when you're using spotify web, there's no "rename playlist" on the options menu. However, using the spotify app on your phone, you will see the "rename playlist" setting in the options menu. 

THANK YOU to the person above me! You are correct about the rename/delete option on my mobile app. 

I've been looking all over for a solution. FINALLY. Thank you! 🙂 

Suggested posts