Announcements

Can't rename or delete playlists

Highlighted

Can't rename or delete playlists

Casual Listener

Hello!

I'm using the webplayer through chrome, and I can't seem to rename or delete any playlists I've made. The only options I can find by either clicking the "..." or right-clicking the playlist are "start radio" "copy playlist link" and "make public/secret". Have these features been removed, or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

16 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can't rename or delete playlists

Regular

Try the option edit details

Highlighted

Such option does not appear....

Highlighted

Casual Listener

There is no option to edit details?

Highlighted

Regular

I have the same symptoms since the update.  The only time I saw a possible solution was one time, while in the playlist, I saw a "Delete" option underneath the play button.  I clicked it, nothing happened, and that's the last time I saw the Label on any playlist.  There appears to be no way/option to delete a playlist now.....**bleep**?

Highlighted

I am having the exact same problem on my chromebook!! I've been trying to look all over the internet for a solution. It sucks...

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Ever sice this stupid update I've been having the same exact problem! I wan't to delete a playlist but there isn't even an option to it's so aggravating  

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

The good news -As of Monday, April 24th, 2017, I can now delete a playlist on my chromebook. There is now an option on the new format. How long it will be there is yet to be seen.  The BAD NEWS - I still have very few options with the new format.  I can not rename a playlist.  I often have more than one band or artist in a playlist (duh), but there is no option to add more than one artist as the title for that playlist.  I am using a chromebook. I have to agree with just about everyone, the new format should have at the very least been given a test run before rolling it out to us.  There are SO many problems with the new format. I would not let any retail store keep my money if everytime I ordered something there were problems with the order. I pay premium and it is a luxury for me -  Music is more than just background noise to me. It is a HUGE part of my everyday life. I have spent years using Spotify and pay on time every single month. Never once been late. Now it is time to decide if I want to keep paying for an inferior product. Since the new format with all it's problems has interferred and messed with me everyday since its arrival, I am rethinking my premium membership. It is like trying to decide to get rid of the bad boyfriend or toxic relationship. You KNOW you should, but it has become habit. ha ha - I'd love a ball park figure as to how long (HONESTLY) it will take for Spotify to fix the plethora of problems facing us with this horrible new format.  I want to mention I had THE BEST service from online chat with a gal named Patrisha a few nights ago and she helped get things working. Great experience, and If i'm going to @itch, then I also have to balance this out by saying, Thank you to Patrisha.  She was so kind and really went more than the extra mile to get things up and running. I probably did this whole thing wrong as I am not used to using the "Community" for help. So sorry if this isn't the way things are done here. Just need some answers and thought I would give this a try. Thank you to those who let me know they agreed with my last @itch session. 🙂 If there is a way to rename a playlist I'd love to know about it. I would also really like an honest answer as to HOW LONG before we have Spotify back to the usual problems and a format that we can at least listen to without wanting to yank our hair from it's roots daily. THank you - Hope to hear from anyone that has found a solid fix to playlist renaming. Peace to all -  

Highlighted

Download the desktop app and you can do anything you want with the playlist including renaming it, delete songs, etc. The format looks like the original one. If you want to rename a playlist, just bring it up  and right click the title, then click on edit details, the title will be highlighted just type the new title you want, then click save and your done.

Highlighted

As you can see from the previous comments, some of us have Chromebooks and/or we listen at work where we aren't allowed to download the software. 

And, the functionality USED TO be there. We want it back. 

SUGGESTED POSTS