Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't stay logged in on Chrome

Solved!

Can't stay logged in on Chrome

Everytime i close Google Chrome, Spotify logs me off and asks me to log in when i try to use the web player. It also seems that my "recently played" history doesn't sync to the desktop or mobile app when using the web player. Not only that but it resets everytime i log in, showing that i haven't listened to anything while on Chrome when, in fact i actually did. However the main issue is that i have to log into my account every single time when it should remember me as already logged in, even if i close the browser.

I hope you can help me with this issue 'cause it's annoying as **bleep**.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's an odd case. Can you go to Can you go to Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Privacy > Content Settings > Cookies > See all Cookies and Site Data and try deleting all, restart Chrome, and try logging in again?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @Feli_DB -

Are you using Incognito mode in Chrome, or are you using Extension apps such as 'Auto History Wipe' that automatically erases your browsing data? The Web Player  provides cookies so you can auto-login again when you come back.

On Incognito mode, browsing history, cookies, etc. are disabled and when you come back, you'll have to log in again.

Try opening the Web Player in normal mode, and disable Extensions and apps that automatically erases your browsing history.

Tell me if it works 🙂

I never use incognito mode for regular browser usage, nor do i have any extensions with that property. Spotify is the only web page that seems to have this problem.

Marked as solution

That's an odd case. Can you go to Can you go to Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Privacy > Content Settings > Cookies > See all Cookies and Site Data and try deleting all, restart Chrome, and try logging in again?

Suggested posts