Plan

Premium

USA

Device

2021 iPad Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 14.4.1

My Question or Issue:

For the past 4 days or so I cannot connect to any of my Sonos speakers from the Spotify app. It doesn’t work on my iPhone or iPad. I’ve tried to unlink and relink my account. That did not work. 

Any help would be great appreciated!

3 Replies

Hey there @DMGoldie,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Try following these steps:

1. Unlink your Spotify and Sonos accounts again by following the steps in this article.

2. Turn your Sonos speakers off.

3. Restart your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds.

4. Log out from your Spotify account, restart your phone, and log back in.

5. Turn on your Sonos speakers and link your accounts again.

Also, make sure you're running the latest version of the apps and that the Sonos speakers' firmware is updated.

If the issue persists, can you let us know if your Sonos devices aren't appearing on the Connect menu in the Spotify app, or if they do appear but won't connect?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

Before I try your suggestions - I tried an experiment:

I tried to play a single song - that worked.

I tried to play an album - that worked.

I tried to play another playlist (I was trying to play my "liked" songs) - that worked.

My thoughts are:

- I know realize that this started when I added a ton of songs to my "liked" play list. The list used to be 4000 songs and it always worked. Now it is 8000 songs and it does not work.

Is there a limit to how many songs on a playlist will work with Sonos. Because at this point that seems to be the issue.

To be clear - I can see all of the Sonos speakers, its just that the connection fails. But I know see that it only fails when I try to play the "liked" playlist.

Hi @DMGoldie

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Even though there isn't a set limit for the number of songs you can like, having a very large number of songs can have an impact on the app's performance. 

In this case, we recommend dividing your Liked Songs into a few smaller playlists. 

However, you can also try following the suggestions @CarlosE mentioned above to check if that makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes 🙂 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts