Premium

Country

UK 

Device

multiple

Operating System

multiple

My Question or Issue

I installed Spotify on my new Android Galaxy S9 a few days ago after a long break from spotify, only to discover all my playlists had been deleted, on the day of installation.

Further, one of the playlists is non-recoverable, it keeps throwing an error when i press the RECOVER option.  That playlist took a long time to assemble.

What's going on?

3 Replies

Hey @garyuk,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. Installing Spotify shouldn't remove your playlists, so let's have a look at this. 

Can you send us a screenshot of that error message? Can you try recovering the playlist on a different device?

Lastly, does the playlist show as deleted when you use the web player or a different device? 

Have a nice day 🙂

No, the playlist does not appear on any other device, nor the web player.

I inspected the "restore" button on the account page, and can confirm the playlist identifier: spotify:user:MY_USER_NAME:playlist:0ED156RfVqqymak6y3yR3h

We had an error recovering your deleted playlist. Please try again later.We had an error recovering your deleted playlist. Please try again later.

Hey @garyuk.

Thanks for getting back to us with that screenshot.

It appears that the playlist your mentioned is available publicly on Spotify and has several thousand followers.

Here's a URI link to it which does not include your username (just copy/paste everything in between the asterisks into the search bar in the Spotify app):

*spotify:playlist:0ED156RfVqqymak6y3yR3h*

When you open it, are you able to edit it, or does it only allow you to play it?

Once we have this information, we'll know what to suggest to you next.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Suggested posts