Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot login blackberry 9900

Solved!

Cannot login blackberry 9900

After replacing my BB 9900 (I had problems with my old BB9900) I reinstalled Spotify but I cannot login, it keep on spinning for ages and does not access my premium account.<br>I tried to delete and reinstall, I deleted the Spotify directory, but nothing works... (my BB firmware is up-to-date), any advice?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Mystery is solved! After adding a media card my Spotify is alive again… probably permission issues on the device memory (I have 5G available but still before adding the media card I was not able to pass the login step…), I’m happy again 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies

@Motya wrote:
After replacing my BB 9900 (I had problems with my old BB9900) I reinstalled Spotify but I cannot login, it keep on spinning for ages and does not access my premium account.<br>I tried to delete and reinstall, I deleted the Spotify directory, but nothing works... (my BB firmware is up-to-date), any advice?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try connecting via 3G and WiFi and see if either works? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,
I tried both wi-fi and 3G but for both I cannot login.
Can this be related to the fact that I recently replaced my BB? (both old and new are 9900)
Thank for your quick reply.
Moty

@Motya wrote:
Hi Peter,
I tried both wi-fi and 3G but for both I cannot login.
Can this be related to the fact that I recently replaced my BB? (both old and new are 9900)
Thank for your quick reply.
Moty

Hey 🙂 

Shouldn't do! That is very strange! 

Digging through my past cases about BlackBerry, do the steps outlined in this post help at all? 

You might also need to set your carrier APN manually, check out this post.

Peter

Peter

Hi,
I deleted the app, reinstalled it, then deleted the Spotify directory, and tried to login... Still the same - spinning wheel forever... By the way, the Spotify directory was recreated, but i am still unable to use the app...
I'm doing all this over wi-fi so I don't think playing with 3G APN will change anything.
Thank you for keep trying helping me.
Moty

What network and what country are you in just out of interest? 

Spotify does not work on CDMA BlackBerry's which might also be causing this issue although I'm not sure if it worked on your old one!? 

Peter

Peter

I'm in The Netherlands using Vodafone network.
Marked as solution

Mystery is solved! After adding a media card my Spotify is alive again… probably permission issues on the device memory (I have 5G available but still before adding the media card I was not able to pass the login step…), I’m happy again 🙂

Glad the mystery is solved! 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts