Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot play music if multiple devices are running spotify (Premium)

Solved!

Cannot play music if multiple devices are running spotify (Premium)

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

LG G6 (Android 7, 7.1, 8, main language: English US, newest available Spotify version, currently:8.4.61.683), Lenovo Y700 (Windows 10 Pro, version: 1803 and below, language: Hungarian, newest Spotify version (Recently fully removed, then reinstalled. current: 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f). 

Also tested on Xiaomi Mi A1 (Android 8.0) 

My Question or Issue

When I start playing music on my phone, then I start Spotify on my PC and I press the play button the music stops on my phone, then my PC starts the song, but after 3 seconds it stops it. After that each time I press the play button it stops after 1 second. I also tried "switching devices" (both mobile and PC), remove app data/cache (on mobile). I also changed the download direction, checked without high-quality streaming, and with downloaded songs too.

The issue also represents if the devices are on the same WIFI network, or not.

Solving the problem: Close the application on all other devices, then wait for approx 10 minutes. 

This issue is bothering me for months, and I tired of solving this issue manually every single time. 

Sincerely,

Peter

PS: Your spell checker doesn't know the word: "Spotify"

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kptr,

That sounds odd, and this shouldn't happen. It seems you've already tried a couple of things. Does the music go back to the device you switched from? Also, do you use the Web Player?

Let's try some more troubleshooting:

Let us know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @kptr,

That sounds odd, and this shouldn't happen. It seems you've already tried a couple of things. Does the music go back to the device you switched from? Also, do you use the Web Player?

Let's try some more troubleshooting:

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hello @Jemi,

• Does the music go back to the device you switched from?
    • No it just stopped, but can resume on mobile.
  • Also, do you use the Web Player?
    • No
  • Reinstall the apps on all your devices.
    • Done, but nothing has changed.
  • Log out everywhere.
    • Same as above
  • Remove your offline devices found on your account page.
    • Didn't tired that 😞
  • Try using one device with a different internet connection and see if the same thing happens.
    • Done, but no success.

Meanwhile i've been moving from Windows to Mac and the issue just flied away, I'm just writing this reply in case if it helps for someone.

Hey again @kptr

Great to hear it worked with your new desktop. By the look of it, the issue seems to lie in your Windows 10 machine, or network.  If you still need help there, restart your router. Also make sure that your Firewall allows Spotify (might be a good idea to disable it just to test this).

If that doesn't help, get back with screenshots (including error messages if you get any).   

Let us know if there's anything else 🙂

Suggested posts