Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant log in to Spotify on Xbox One

Cant log in to Spotify on Xbox One

Operating System

(Xbox One)

My Question or Issue

I was listening to my music like normal and I was signed out so I tried signing back in that didn't work so tried restarting my Xbox One that didn't work so I tried pairing it through my phone and that didn't work either. Hopefully, someone has a solution for this because it's very annoying trying to listen to music and can't because Spotify won't log you in. 

24 Replies

Having same exact issue

Same. Hard reset my Xbox and re-installed. No fix.

Hey guys! - Welcome to the Community.

Spotify are currently investigating a few issues right now, I'd recommend keeping your eyes on @SpotifyCares and @SpotifyStatus for further updates on this as it seems this could be related. 

Man this is the exact same problem I'm having as well. Just trying to play music as usual. Tried manual login and tried pairing as well and nothing happens. Even when you click the Login button nothing happens after that. After spending a hour trying to get this to work, my music playlist has definitely changed now because of this **bleep**.

Literally the same thing here.

Same, uninstalled app on phone and xbox, restarted phone and xbox still wont connect, can't even log into spotify on my xbox with email and password

Having the same issue here. Opened the xbox one spotify app and was logged out for some reason so I tried logging back in. Tried both the pairing code and the username/password options but still not able to log in. Reset my xbox, disconnected and then reconnected to my wifi on both console and iphone and nothings worked.

Somethings going on at Spotify i was literally listening to my music no issues like 2 hours ago

I belive everyone is having this issue right now and I hope Microsoft and spotify are working on it right now

Same, I used the pin and tried logging in myself and it worked but nothing worked whenever I clicked songs and didn’t let me shuffle. I closed the app then it didn’t let me sign in again

Apparently there was a Facebook issue that caused a lot of apps to have issues, one of them being Spotify. Apparently the Facebook issue has been fixed but it will take some time for every app that was affected to be fixed.
Spotify works fine on my laptop and iphone but still doesn't work properly on my Xbox One. I can sign in by entering my login credentials (it takes a few minutes to actually log in after entering the credentials) as well as browse through my playlists but it will not let me play any songs (nothing happens when I click the play icon/button)

https://popculture.com/trending/news/spotify-down-music-fans-dont-know-what-do/#1
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/facebook-sdk-app-crash-spotify-venmo-tinder/

Same issue

Same

3:50am AR, USA - Still cannot use on XB1. Pair, login or selecting device do not work, even after hard reset of both console and router. Sits idle every screen. Down detector says issue resolved and to reset. Just tried reinstalling a moment ago as well, no go! Ty and hope it gets resolved soon.

Yup, same here. It's the 5th time this has happened to me personally. And I am not waiting another 2 weeks to get my god damn account back. 

I’m currently experiencing these issues with my Xbox as well! I’ve tried everything. I logged out of all devices twice, restarted the app numerous times, uninstalled it and reinstalled in 3 times, I tried pairing using my mobile device AND laptop. I tried the pin sharing too.

None of it worked. I found myself losing my mind because I use Spotify religiously while I game. I checked again this morning and it still isn’t connecting.

Thank you for responding. I don't think this will be helpful, but I can't
find anyway to screenshot on xbox one, but ill give you the best
description I can give. Basically I go to log in, I have my email and
password put down, and when I click "Log in" nothing happens but the "Log
in" button being greyed out (As it's been clicked already) It's almost like
it's constantly checking for an already made account?

Thanks again,

Kristopher Rogers

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Thu, May 7, 2020, 7:25 AM
Subject: RE: Constantly being Logged Out/Log in bug for Xbox [
ref:_00DD0pxIW._5002o2RLrA2:ref ]
To: *snip*

Hello Kristopher,

Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that you're facing trouble
with login on and off the Spotify app. No worries, we're here to help.

We advise you to try turning your device off and on again.

If your device has less than 1 GB of available memory, performance of
Spotify could possibly be affected. You may want to delete some unnecessary
files and apps.

For iPhone/iPad, go to Settings > General > iPhone/iPad Storage and see the
Available space.

For Android, open the Applications tab and tap Settings. Tap SD card &
phone storage.

Could you also please provide us with screenshots of what you see when you
login.

There are 2 ways to take a screenshot with Windows computers. You can
either follow these steps:

1. Press Print Screen on your keyboard.
2. Open a program such as Word, and paste the image. (Edit > Paste, or
press Ctrl+V).
3. Save and attach the file in your reply to us.

Or, you can use the Snipping Tool. Check out the Windows guide for how to
use the Snipping Tool

We hope to hear from you soon. If you have any other questions please feel
free to come back.

All the best,​

Yana

Spotify Customer Support

Did you know we have an extensive help section on our website
?

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is
confidential and/or privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s).
If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail
from your computer.

ref:_00DD0pxIW._5002o2RLrA2:ref

Yeah I was just having that issue and was just sitting on the login page and now all of a sudden it worked. Guess they finally figured out the problem 

It worked for a few minutes and lagged out. Now I cant log in. I was so close to having music back

Suggested posts