Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CarPlay not working when App not opened

CarPlay not working when App not opened

Hey guys,

one of my most used features is Apple Car Play. It's very annoying that you have to start the spotify app at your iOS device before you can play music. Is the app closed and you tap the Spotify icon in your car, you can not press the play button, so no music is played. After starting the app at the iOS device playback gets working. Apple Music is better in this point. I think it is a bug?

Furthermore it would be nice to enable shuffle playback even a playlist plays. At the moment you can switch between normal and shuffle playback only at the beginning, but not when tracks of your playlists are already playing. Second "request" is that it would be nice to have the playlist sorting even in carplay.

Thx.

6 Replies

Hi @tobihueske! Thanks for writing on the Community.

We'll make sure to pass your feedback about more functions to our CarPlay feature on to the right team.

About the issue you've been having with the app, can you let us know which operating system and Spotify version you're currently using? Does this happen when you're using a USB connection or via Bluetooth?

We'll see what we can suggest. 

iPhone 6S with iOS 10.2.1 via USB

7.6.0.1136 Spotify

1st post here describes same similar problem: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/CarPlay-extremely-buggy/td-p/938289/page/45

This issue I have, too. Closing app "hard" via App Switcher and Starting again helps.

Thanks for that info.

We'll get this feedback passed on to the right folks. Hopefully we'll have some more info on this soon. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Suggested posts