Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Censorship

Solved!

Censorship

I would like to contact Spotify about an issue but havent had success. Any advice or ideas might help. Here this the message below. Thanks.

I have been using Spotify for over 3 years and have had no problems until now. My small problem is that while listening to wheatey's teenage dirtbag, I found that one of the lines of the song was censored despite it being the explicit version. Upon review, I learned that the censored line read "and he brings a gun to school". My disappointment in this censorship is not due to political opinions but rather the preservation of music. Although the Spotify team may feel differently, I feel that the censorship of music takes away from the artists original message. Even though the line may be controversial to todays standards, when it was written the line meant to portray the antagonist to the story as a dislikable person rather than a school shooter. All in all, I understand the reason for the censorship but, I believe continuing to censor art may just make us all bricks in the wall.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jacksonderbes, welcome to the Community.  

Hope you are having a great time!

To contact support, please fill out the online contact form. If, for whatever reason you would prefer not to, or you cannot use the form, support can also be reached on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.
Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Jacksonderbes, welcome to the Community.  

Hope you are having a great time!

To contact support, please fill out the online contact form. If, for whatever reason you would prefer not to, or you cannot use the form, support can also be reached on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.
Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling.

Thanks!

Suggested posts