Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain local files not appearing

Solved!

Certain local files not appearing

Several local file aren't appearing in spotify. I have multiple albums by the German band Oomph saved locally, and about half of each album does not appear under local files on my laptop. All of the missing files are mp3s, and I've tried indexing specifically the folder containing the album, but about half of each album is missing from spotify. I've added some of these songs to playlists on my desktop, which recognized these songs when I had them on there, but spotify on my laptop isn't indexing these specific songs for some reason.

Missing songs in a playlist

The missing song in local storage

The album in local files

Edit: Running the installer and restarting didn't help, but reinstalling fixed this problem.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's kinda weird. You might try converting the file to a .avi or .midi. have you tried reinstalling? That should be the first thing you do... please let me know.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

That's kinda weird. You might try converting the file to a .avi or .midi. have you tried reinstalling? That should be the first thing you do... please let me know.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Suggested posts