Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change the storage location for offline files on Windows Phone 8

Change the storage location for offline files on Windows Phone 8

Hi,

how can I change the storage location for the offline files on Windows Phone 8. There is always too less space on the default location but enough free space on the inserted SD card.

Other apps allow the change of the storage location, for example the included photo app.

Thank you for your help!

Rudolf

5 Replies

In current Windows Phone, non-Microsoft applications can't write data to SD cards so Spotify must save on internal storage I'm afraid. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

on my Windows Phone (Version 8 Lumia Black) I can change the storage folder for Music, Videos and Pictures. Also my camera saves the pictures on sd card. Even the temporary files from OneDrive (SkyDrive) are saved on sd card. So minimum this apps can save directly on sd card.

If no app can use the sd card, why do I have this slot on my phone?

All of those apps are built into the operating system and are made by Microsoft themselves which is why they can access the SD card for storage. It is only third party apps which are not allowed to store data there to my knowledge. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am sad! Hope this fact changes in future.

Thank you for your information!

We are still waiting for this to change. This is the only and the worst problem you have.

Suggested posts