Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change username on Onkyo 636

Solved!

Change username on Onkyo 636

Hello community!

I've recently bought a Onkyo NR-636 AV Receiver and i'm very pleased to use Spotify Connect with it. Now it happens that I first set up my personnal spotify account, but now I'd like to use the "shared" family account that we have (different spotify user).

I don't find anywhere to change the spotify login details on my receiver, and the printed and web documentation says naught. Or at least the ones I read. Also, I absolutely do not remember how I set it up the first time. But it was before I applied the firmware update that brought Spotify Connect.

I hope somebody will have a solution 🙂

Cheers

O.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

With Spotify Connect, there is no need to sign in or out of an account. It uses your WiFi network to detect the account from the app.

All you need to do is sign out of the app and then sign in with the other account. Then you pull up the connect device list inside of the Spotify app, it should show your Onkyo.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Are you using the Spotify app on a mobile device or computer to play with Spotify Connect on your Onkyo?

All you need to do is sign out of the Spotify app, and then sign in with the other account. Then you will be able to use Spotify Conenct with the other account.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I'm using Spotify Connect from a mobile device to control the Onkyo, indeed. But I can't find the menu/option to sign out of spotify on the Onkyo receiver so as to use the other account.

Marked as solution

With Spotify Connect, there is no need to sign in or out of an account. It uses your WiFi network to detect the account from the app.

All you need to do is sign out of the app and then sign in with the other account. Then you pull up the connect device list inside of the Spotify app, it should show your Onkyo.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Oh I see. I thought I had to be logged with the SAME account on the other side of the Connect pipeline (on the Onkyo).

I'll try this tonight at home and update the thread.

Thanks

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey community, and @MattSuda,

Tried it at home, it works like a charm. Even switched from an account on the iPad to another on my phone with absolutely no problem.

Great!

Glad to hear it's working! Enjoy!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts