Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change username to make spotify connect work?!

Solved!

Change username to make spotify connect work?!

Hi,

I on my new Cenon CEOL N9 spotify connect does not work. I tried all tricks and hints I could find, nothing works.

Now I stumbled upon this on th Denon UK support site:

If the problem persists, please check that the name of your Spotify Premium account does not contain special characters (i.e. <, >, ^, ...). If so, this may be incompatible to the Connect feature. So, you may contact Spotify support to migrate your account to a new one without special characters.

My login name happens to have '#' inside. I would like to test if that is the problem. How can I change the username! I need help fast because I want to return the device if the problem persists.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed

The best course of action is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, contact customer support and they'll help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello. Sorry to tell you but I don't think that's possible. You can check this post for further explanation. Hope it helps.

- FM

Spotify
Marked as solution

@user-removed

The best course of action is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, contact customer support and they'll help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi,

the Spotify support was friendly and fast. Thank you for your acvice.

This fixed my issue.

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts