Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing language (Windows Phone)

Solved!

Changing language (Windows Phone)

While the newest update for the app is truly amazing, and finally makes the app work like desired, it has changed my language to some scandinavian language. How do I change it back to Dutch? I'm using the most up-to-date version on Windows Phone 8.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There's an update in the Store now. Don't know if it fixes the problem since i'm still using English 🙂

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I'm guessing it's Norwegian. Mine changed from Norwegian to Dutch after the update. I guess Norway and Nederland got mixed up.

Got this porblem aswell. Cant find a way to change language though.

Guess its time to learn duch. Cant be that hard 😉

Ik had dit ook van nederlands naar noors, even telefoon taal naar engels zetten >> herstart telefoon en start spotify taal is nu engels en verstaanbaar.

Daarna terug naa nederlands en spotify veranderd mooi naar nederlands.

Greetings from Belgium.

I read that the language code for Norwegian is "no" while it's "nl" for Dutch. I guess the developer mixed them together.

solved by changing the phone language to English restart start spotify, the spotify client switches to english, set phone language back to default and spotify switches over to the correct language.

this solved it for me sorry for my Dutch post earlier.

regards

Thanks! I changed to English, and that worked fine, but I haven't changed back yet as I'm trying out Cortana 🙂

It did not work for me 😞

I tried it aswell. Changed to english, and spotify was in english. But when I changed back to norwegian, the app went back to ducth...

I have changed language back and forth between English and Norwegian, and whenever the language is reset to Norwegian Spotify changes language to Dutch. Is there no way to set the preffered language in the Spotify app manually?

There is no way to change. You have two posibilities: change to English permanent or accept the situation and hope that Spotify fix it fast. I feel more like changing to WIMP. I've really looked forward to this upgrade and I'm so disappointed that I consider changing to WIMP. They've had å very good WP app for a long time.

Marked as solution

There's an update in the Store now. Don't know if it fixes the problem since i'm still using English 🙂

Thanks for letting me know. I've updated and Viola! Problem solved. Somebody is working really fast in Spotify. Impressive!

After the update it seems ok. Tanks for the fast fix! 🙂

Yup, the newest update fixed my language too. Thanks for the incredibly fast fix! 🙂

Suggested posts