Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Choose streaming quality when using Chromecast

Choose streaming quality when using Chromecast

How can I choose the straming quality when I use Chromecast?

6 Replies

@franbonessi

It's being reported that 'the latest version of the Android app allows control of the quality level over chromecast in settings.'

Check the Settings section of your app.

Here's the thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Other-Extreme-Quality-on-Chromecast-Audio-Device...

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

As of December 1st this feature is still not available in the latest Spotify android app version. The "implemented" status on the other thread is incorrect.

go spotify team. you can fix this! 🙂 i believe in you 

Issue is NOT fixed. You can't change the quality while casting. If you stop casting then you can change the quality, but as soon as you start the cast the option is locked and greyed-out, leaving you unclear whether the quality setting is being used or not when chromecasting.

Why is this so hard to answer Spotify??

There is a big difference in sound quality when plugging my phone into my amp - which is set to stream at extreme quality vs casting spotify to the Chromecast Audio. 

I've turned HDR on in the Google Home app, doesn't seem to make a difference.

It says this feature has been implmented in another thread, but as others have said it's nowhere to be seen in the Android app. Streaming quality settings are greyed out when casting.

Please fix this!

Suggested posts