Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Choppy playback. Spotify app rollback on webos

Choppy playback. Spotify app rollback on webos

Device: LG UJ620V 

Operating System: webOS 05.80.35

Spotify version: 2.0.12

Hi,
I have a very annoying problem with Spotify app on my webOS TV, which is currently running the latest software update.
Spotify playback is choppy, is buffering all the time at the beginning of every song played, and in the middle of playback only if I am browsing through the app itself.
The internet connection is a 1000Mbps wired, so this is not a problem. Playback on Deezer, Youtube, Netflix, HboGo, Aljazeera TV is flawless. No buffering, no choppy sound at all.
This issue has occurred since last but one update. The current version of the app is 2.0.12 (March 2019)
So, is there any chance, to be able to downgrade the Spotify app to a previous version?

I know that my TV could be a bit old, but hey, not so old since the Spotify is the only app that have this issue.
Is there anyone that has encountered a similar problem on other webOS TVs?

3 Replies

Yep, I've got the same problem with the Spotify app on an LG-43UJ670V.

Every song that's played stutters for the first 3 to 4 seconds, then plays normally.

I've not checked the app version yet, but it was only recently installed, so is presumably up to date.

Any pointers to getting this fixed would be welcomed !

Cheers,

Rob

Seems to be a common problem with the Spotify app on TV/radio devices.  The Spotify app on my Roberts radio has the same symptoms.  If you have Bluetooth you can bypass the app,  and songs play without issue.

I've got the same problem with the Spotify app on an LG-40UJ670V.

Every track stutters for 3 to 4 seconds, then plays normally.

The WebOS TV version is 3.8.0-61312

The Spotify app version is 2.0.12

I'm slightly dismayed people have been reporting this for some time but nothing has been done. It makes the app pretty useless.

Suggested posts