Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromcast - no sound

Solved!

Chromcast - no sound

Hello all,

I have a premium Spotify account, and a chromecast gen2. Previously I could use the casting option, but lately there is a problem. If I choose my chromecast as other device I cant hear music (however according to the app it goes) and on the tv screen I can see only the Spotify logo.

What can i do?

76 Replies

No fix yet. A lot of people complaining about the same problem in:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Possible-Bug-No-Chromecast-Audio/idi-p/1922038

Hi

I had the same problem -no sound when casting to Spotify, other apps were working fine.

I went to chromcast settings and restored it back to factory settings -this solved Spotify problem.

I hope that this helps

@PrzemekL wrote:

Hi

I had the same problem -no sound when casting to Spotify, other apps were working fine.

I went to chromcast settings and restored it back to factory settings -this solved Spotify problem.

I hope that this helps

Hi PrzemekL, what Chromecast do you have (1st, 2nd,Audio,Ultra)?

@PrzemekL wrote:

Hi

I hope that this helps

This did not work for me. Gen 1 CCast using S7 on Spotify. Issue is the same as everyone else's! 

@PrzemekL wrote:

Hi

I hope that this helps

PrzemekL, I did the same (reset chromecast to factory settings) several times, but it didn't fix the problem. I also tryied to unistall/reinstall and to clear the cache of Spotify app, but it also didn't fix the problem. What chromecast do you have?

No help from reseting chromecast

My Chromecast is a 1st gen

Same issue here. Iphone 6 TV Samsung Smart TV  UN48H6300 software version 2180. Chromecast first Gen. I hope you can fix it soon!.

Marked as solution

A new update was released today for Spotify Android app, version 8.4.18.743 armv7, that fixed the problem, at least for me. I can now cast Spotify to my Chromecast again, with audio...

Yes the sound is back for me too. Updated yesterday to the same version 8.4.18.743 of Spotify on Android.

Same here!

Working again on Galaxy s8 with 1st Gen Chromecast. Great!

Same here. Android Spotify update fixed the issue. Cheers 🙂

Works with iOS. Same version of Spotify and iOS on iPhone 6. Great!
Marked as solution

I still have 8.4.17 on iOS and that's also the latest in store. How can I force to update?

I open Spotify, connect to Chromecast, everything shows up correctly except for on the pull down menu of my phone(LG G6). It shows the song, and allows me to play and pause music, but shows that its muted. When I tap the button it unmutes there, but mutes on the TV. Either way I still have no audio from Spotify to Chromecast.

I use a Chrome tab for spotify and soundcloud, spotify doies not work and soundcloud OK.  Spotify casts fromAndroid phone though.  I think Spotify and Google have fallen out 🙂

Hi, 

Yesterday Spotify stopped playing music from my Samsung galaxy s8+

However its playing on my phone but no sound or progress on my TV . 

Help needed! 

Regards  

Poul Erik Rasmussen premium user

Suggested posts