Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromcast - no sound

Solved!

Chromcast - no sound

Hello all,

I have a premium Spotify account, and a chromecast gen2. Previously I could use the casting option, but lately there is a problem. If I choose my chromecast as other device I cant hear music (however according to the app it goes) and on the tv screen I can see only the Spotify logo.

What can i do?

76 Replies

I had Google Home installed on Android. Just uninstalled it. Now it even shows a Spotify volume bar on TV when adjusting volume on the phone, but still no sound... Everything was working last week, so maybe its an update that did this.

Got the same problem, no chromecast audio on Spotify. YouTube and other apps work fine. Just started happpening

Also jumping in with the Chromecast/Spotify no sound problem

I can confirm this happens in the Android and PC app, when casting to Chromecast. I've tested in 2 android phones and Spotify for linux. It might be a problem in Chromecast itself.

Yup, piling in to say I'm experiencing the same issue and reinstalls of all related apps, router reset and hardware reset of chromecast did not resolve it.  Visually on android phone, web browser, desktop app and the TV that the chromecast is connected to it looks like it should be working (displays the right song/album art, timestamp, pauses and unpauses, skips songs, etc.) but no audio plays (as if it is muted).

Also having this all apps updated/album art visible/no audio problem...

Same here. Updated Chromecast, Google Home app, Spotify app. Tried many ports, different wifi, different router, casting from Windows app or Android app.... no dice. Haven't tried this method in a few months but it's never been a problem in the past. 

Seems like constant problems with the remote/device connection lately. 

And another one with the same issues.

Other apps working fine and only Spotify is not sending any sounds. All volumes are are on high, router works, phone reboot, different HDMI port, reset audio cinema set etc etc. Nothing solved it.

Bummer!

Ive now noticed Spotify had an app update yesterday, this is obviously the problem, was playing audio fine before then, can you roll back an app update?

I'm experiencing the same problem. Everything seems to work properly... however only without sound. Sound stopped working this week even though the song seems to be playing on TV screen. It's a Samsung TV and phone + Chromecast. Please figure this out!

Same here, no sound everything else works fine like Netflix, youtube and HBO

Same issue here. Just to chromcast. If I choose google home it works. Chromecast no audio but album art updates appropriately in screen with no audio. Everything else works, pandora, YouTube, google play music. 

Hi, could you please clarify how you got it to work with Google home?

Same here. Identical problem.

I think he mans apps from Home works (like youtube)

If that is what he means, I'm having the same issue. All other apps work but spotify.

Yep. The same issue that everyone is having now. Clearly the last app update broke the android app

Same problem here and I'm using an IPhone 7, Spotify only has visual content, no sound. All other apps work properly, Netflix has sound and picture. 

Same issue here.

Generation 1 Chromecast

Samsung Galaxy S7

Vodafone Australia

Album art displays, but no audio and I'm trying to listen to the new LCD Soundsystem! 

Same issue on my side.

Art cover displayed but no sound

Does someone find a tips to recover the we?

Thank you

Same here, any ideas of a work around? I'm using IPhone 6s, chromecast first gen and Samsung SMART TV. 

Album covers are displayed when I cast but no volume. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything but no change. 

Suggested posts