Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromcast - no sound

Solved!

Chromcast - no sound

Hello all,

I have a premium Spotify account, and a chromecast gen2. Previously I could use the casting option, but lately there is a problem. If I choose my chromecast as other device I cant hear music (however according to the app it goes) and on the tv screen I can see only the Spotify logo.

What can i do?

76 Replies

Also same since this morning. IPhone 5s. We're losing features Et every update, but losing sound on a musical app is a bold choice. 

Deezer has a 3 months offer right now. And oh. It works. 

It's a music casting app that does not cast music! oh my!

Without the casting option Spotify is not much of use in my situation. Will give them some time to fix it.. 2-3 weeks.

If it's not fixed I'll cancel my premium account. Not paying when I can't use it.

Great moment to check the competitors.

No sound from Spotify on chromecast from either iPhone 6s or iPad. Everything else on chromecast seems to be working fine but I have noticed that SoundCloud will not play on chromecast after closing Spotify on chromecast. SoundCloud will work before it when I reset my router, but once I open Spotify on chromecast and then disconnect it, SoundCloud fails to work. 

Right now this issue is also being discussed in the Ongoing Issues forum here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Possible-Bug-No-Chromecast-Audio/idi-p/1922038

I'd suggest everyone having this problem chips in there as it is currently marked as requiring more information.

I suggest including your mobile device model, chromecast model and firmware version as well as any steps you attempted to correct the problem (reinstalling apps, restarting devices etc.).  Basically give them the most information we can so they can actually dig into/ reproduce the issue on their end to fix it.

I've the same problem here. Album info appears on TV, time bar moves as if song was playing, but there is no sound.

I have already reset my chromecast and reinstalled the spotify app on my android phone. 

Is this a spotify issue or a chromecast issue? I know its not a android or mac issue. Looks like both parties are experiencing the same issue. If this is a chromecast issue I am definitely going to switch to Apple TV. If it is a spotify issue then I might check out Apple Music. I agree, Spotify has been taking away a lot of features that I liked, for example the messaging feature. 

I am in contact with Spotify technical support and we are working through some trouble shooting. Will keep you updated. 

Points to a Spotify issue as people, inluding myself, are reporting that Chromecast works with other apps like YouTube. But as of about three days ago, Spotify ceased transmitting sound on Chromecast (mine is 1st generation). Will cancel Premium if not fixed soon. Not paying for an app that doesn't do what it should.

It seems to be solely on Chromecast 1st Generation. Not linked to router, carrier, mobile version, etc. This is, as usual, solely linked to a spotify update. 

I would not even be angry if Spotify said "we don't support Chromecast V1 anymore, deal with it". This would be honest at least. 

Just installed Spotify update dated Sept. 4th. Still no sound with Chromecast 1st gen. A music app with no sound. Genious. 

+1 Exactly the same issue with ChromeCast 1.0. YouTube works fine.

grrr.... having the same issue. Only album art displays on Chromecast. NO SOUND 😞

I spent an hour yesterday with chromecast support and tried troubleshooting every aspect of chromecast and nothing worked.

Today I spent more than an hour with Spotify support and tried every option (AGAIN) and still nothing worked. According to spotify they are not aware of any other issues like this. I hope you guys are contacting support to report a problem or it may never be solved.

BTW i am using Chromecast Gen1 too... not sure if this is the issue.but wil get a 2nd gen tomorrow and try with that.

Got the same problem. However I noticed that another Swedish app "Sveriges Radio SR play" also has the sound issue. Not sure how to contact Google with the issue. 

I have the same problem, both from smartphone and tablet. 

Also having the same issue as of just now. Hope everyone finds an answer 😞 I believe I have Gen 1

I was trying out deezer and now deezer does not work with chromecast 1st gen either. 

I'm giving up and buyin a chromecast 2. I'll probably cancel spotify anyway, I don't want to be pushed to buy chromecat 3 in a few months because devs can't be bothered to guarantee that their app works across platforms. 

Count me in as having same problem as everyone else here. Misery loves company - hope this gets solved soon.

I think Spotify and/or Google Home (Chromecast App) will need to be updated ASAP !

And Spotify support is asking me what model my TV is to be able to help. Gave them the link to this thread. But TV model is important...

I've the same issue, I've reported it to them also I'm literally jumping through hoops with them and still no sign of it being fixed.

Suggested posts