Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

[Chromecast][Music] Chromecast is very buggy

[Chromecast][Music] Chromecast is very buggy

tiiina

Chromecast has an overall buggy experience. The worst one is that playback randomly pauses while casting. 

These "fixed" (not actually fixed) issues are related:

Overall the Chromecast experience seems like an after-thought. I am tempted to switch to Google Music but I would much rather support Spotify.

Please give Chromecast the support it needs. We just want to play our music without it stopping randomly. Netflix doesn't do this, YouTube doesn't do this, this problem is unique to the Spotify app.

Agents have been unhelpful in linking me to Chromecast support: I do not have a problem connecting so that suggestion is not helpful.

Uninstalling the app and resetting my Wifi doesn't help.

Please forward to your engineering team. 

Thank you

2 Replies

Re: [Chromecast][Music] Chromecast is very buggy

PhilH2
Regular

I have the same problem with the Chromecast Audio pausing every hour or so.  Obviously, I update and reset all software and systems. Then I have tried an ethernet hook up directly from the router and set the priority of that connection. But no improvement. According to these posts, this problem has been around for a while. Is Spotify working on this?

Re: [Chromecast][Music] Chromecast is very buggy

Hey @tiiina and @PhilH2,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS