Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast Spotify Skips

Chromecast Spotify Skips

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Chromecast Ultra

My Question or Issue

I've read multiple people have this issue spotify skips on my chromecast. It's very laggy. I'm dissapointed with this. Spotify is a large enteprise as is google. This issue has been on going for a long time, and labled solved when its clearly not. Resetting doesnt help. The issue is persistant. I have been a paid premium member for a long time i registered just after spotify started. Thats alot of money to give a platform that cannot fix issues that are pervalent. 

Please take this issue seriously. It's impacting my music listening experience, and causing me to being thinking about looking elsewhere. 

Customer since the beginning. 

1 Reply

Hey @89sundown, help's arrived.

First, restart all your devices (and speakers) by unplugging them and plugging them back in. Also, make sure that:

• Your Spotify app is up-to-date. Reinstall the app if it didn't help. 
  • All devices’ software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, let us know some more info, such as how and with what devices you use to stream through Chromecast, when the stuttering happens and what exactly happens. The more info you can provide the better.

Let us know how it goes!

Suggested posts