Chromecast audio disconnects

Re: Chromecast audio disconnects

amalma
Regular

Same problem here - years of seamless music streaming via Spotify and Chromecast and now songs won't play without skipping and stopping. Spotfiy fix this mess!

Mikimoto
Music Fan

Try to update the Chromecast firmware joining the Chromecast Preview program from the Google Home app. It seems that to me this solved the issue!

More info about the Chromecast Preview program:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6343937?hl=en

p0nk1n
Casual Listener
I'm already on the preview program and it's still happening. The only real fix is when it starts disconnecting and acting weird, you need to close spotify then go in app settings, kill spotify and then clear cache of spotify. Then reload spotify and voilà. Annoying but it takes 20 secs to fix. When it starts to bug again, do the samething.

Mikimoto
Music Fan

This was actually my problem, but it was for the Chromecast 2, not the Chromecast Audio: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Chromecast-disconnects-from-Spotify-Connect-but-you-...

amalma
Regular
Joined the programme as you suggested, I am now on the same firmware version and also using the Chromecast 2. Still the same issues. I can't believe Spotify does not address this issue which people seem to have since months. This is a bad joke.

amalma
Regular

It is still not working properly. @Spotfiy: Are you guys aware of this issue? What steps are being taken to resolve this for your paying customers?

halo0
Casual Listener

Same problem here, and they seem to be doing nothing to fix the issue. I've gone around and around with their tech support on chat and the @spotifycares (hilarious handle btw) on Twitter to no avail. They keep suggesting the dumbest most obvious things to try to resolve it (is your wifi connection ok? Why don't you try reinstalling the app?) instead of working on an actual solution. 

Highlighted

halo0
Casual Listener

So somone on Twitter said to disconnect Facebook from Spotify using the desktop spotify program. I did that and so far my dropouts have stopped. Also the Android app update on Oct 19 has seemed to improve the speed and reliability of chromecasting and switching.

SUGGESTED POSTS