Chromecast audio disconnects

Chromecast audio disconnects

oldermusicman

Chromecast audio disconnects after a minute or so of playing any song. All has worked fine for the last 6 months until the last firmware update. Any connection?

17 Replies

Re: Chromecast audio disconnects

lfmaestri
Casual Listener
The same here.

Since the last updates it began to disconnect.

Android Nexus 5x
Chromecast Áudio

twd_industries
Casual Listener

Is everyone having this issue also on CCA firmware 1.21.74816?

thebinarydad
Casual Listener
Same problem. Started recently, maybe in the last month, if not sooner. Does this with Spotify and on multiple CCAs.

I usually reconnect once or twice and its fine after that point.

myellow
It's occurring for us approximately 30 seconds after connecting.
Occurring across android (galaxy s5) and iOS devices (iPhone 7 plus / iPhone 6 Plus)

Rebooted internet connection, reset CCA to factory, rebooted all networking gear in the house, still occurs until I logged into here and then went to verify how long it takes to cut out, and it's just finished the first track and onto the next.

mote
Gig Goer

I hvae two Chrome Cast audio's, Spotify's Chrome Cast support has always been lousy, but one of the last couple of days i can't even connect to them fra the app anymore. (CC TV works though)

BothuPol

Since the last couple of weeks I face similar issues when casting Spotify from my Android devices to my Chromecasts (mine are as well under 1.21.74816):

• estblishing the connection from Spotify to my Chromecasts takes longer than before
  • music stops from time to time, randomly, during songs (i.e. not when changing from one song to another)
  • if changing anything on spotify on my android device (e.g. moving to a different song in my playlist), this will change on the Spotify application but will not change anything to the music played on my Chromecasts
  • Adjusting sound on my Android device when on the Spotify app will not change anything at all - the volume indicator on the Spotify app would not even show up or change
  • Music keeps on playing despite having closed the Spotify app

Note that Spotify behaves normally when casting via bluetooth and not via Chromecast. I am not sure if the issue is relate to ChromeCast or to Spotify, but considering the behaviours described above I suspect it is related to Spotify not handling anymore correctly the connection to Chromecasts.

nybbas

The issue is still present with Chromecast (Preview : 1.22.77272) and Spotify (v. 6.9.0.1212 armV7).

On the other hand, I'm able to play music during hours with Google Play Music.

Please Spotify, could you acknowledge the issue ?

This is seriously damaging my listening experience (and my nerves ! 🙂 ).

p0nk1n
Casual Listener
I am having the same problem. I found a workaround. Instead of trying to reconnect as usual, i go into settings of spotify and I go into Connect to a Device menu. When I choose my chromecast audio from there instead of from 'under' the song playing menu, it's working.

Mikimoto
Music Fan

Same issue since some weeks.... before the update it worked fine...

SUGGESTED POSTS