Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Chromecast connection issue (iPhone)


Chromecast connection issue (iPhone)



Premium (Family)


the Netherlands


iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 14.0.1


Hey there. I've been having an issue when trying to connect Spotify to Chromecast on my TV through the iPhone Spotify app. For 80% of the time, it will not connect properly and the TV screen will freeze at the Spotify logo/load screen. The music is either played of paused on the iPhone. For the other 20%, the music does play on the TV (however still showing the freezed loading Spotify logo) for a short amount of time, but when I do anything on my Spotify app (like pause the music), it disconnects and the Chromecast will go back to its home screen 😞


I recently updated my iPhone to iOS 14, I'm 99% sure the problem didn't occur before (and other Chromecasting works perfectly fine).


I already tried the following:
- updating the Spotify app to its latest version

- deleting & reinstalling the Spotify app
- allowing local networks in the Spotify and Google Home app (so this solution is not working for me)


Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Re: Chromecast connection issue (iPhone)


Hey there @joshkalandsheer


Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!


If you experience trouble connecting Spotify and Chromecast you might've encountered an issue that we're currently investigating. Check out this Ongoing Issue and add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 


It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.


Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 


Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson