Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast error

Chromecast error

when I pause while connected to Chromecast Audio, the link stops with the following warning: playback stopped because the account is used on another device

quando metto pausa mentre sono connesso a Chromecast Audio, il collegamento si interrompe con il seguente avviso: riproduzione interrotta perché l'account è utilizzato su un altro dispositivo

3 Replies

I created a forum account just to see what everyone else was saying about this. 

I didn't have a problem during the first three months of use (or maybe didn't cast enough), but now that I've started paying this problem crops up every single time I use spotify on my phone and attempt to cast.

Here is what happens to me (which partly is what the OP is experiencing):

• open spotify and begin playing a song/playlist
  • go to "devices available" and select where I'd like the audio to cast to
  • Spotify usually connects without a problem, but if i want to do anything in the app (change volume, add to library, heart, skip, go back, add to playlist, etc.) the audio stream disconnects from the Chromecast device and starts playing on my phone, while a voice telling me that another devices is using my spotify account -- my phone -- plays through the speaker to which the music was casting
  • Additionally, if I don't interact with the app, the music continues to play, but then I don't know what is playing by looking at the phone which only displays the song that was playing when I first connected to the Chromecast device
  • Interestingly, I just followed the steps listed above, but instead of letting the app play once connected, I tired skipping/going back and the app disconnected itself from the Chromecast device

I've tried wiping my phone's cache partition, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, and logging in/out (though not sure if any of those would even being to address the problem).

In short, any of the myriad reasons to ineract with the app (which is good when not casting) can't be done while casting for the annoyance of having one's music constantly interrupted/dropped.

Further details:

Devices: Samsung Note 4 running Android 6.0.1 // Chromecast audios

Spotify version: 8.4.46.575 armV7
Chromecast version: 1.30.111140

Thanks for looking into this.

Ok, I have the same problem 

Same here - CCA 1.30.111140

Spotify - 8.4.46.575 armV7 

Issues casting from Moto G5 plus and Ipad mini - both devices up todate, cache cleared, app uninstalled and reloaded. Won't cast to Chromecast 2 / TV either.

I have no issues with Spotify on Oneplus - 8.4.46.575 armV7

Prior to this have had no issues for a long, long time.

Suggested posts