Country
DACH

Device

Huawei P30

Operating System

Android 9
Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

Okay guys, seriously: Please just enter Chromecast and Spotify in any search engine you like and you get same results. Lots of people saying that Spotify and Chromecast simply don't work together and you get one guy from Spotify saying "It is fixed now with the latest version, please reinstall" 

I tried everything: Several devices, both Android and iOS, restarting my whole life, not only my network EVERYTHING. And every other app on my phone just works like a charme with Chromecast Audio. 

Why isn't Spotify working so poor with Chromecast? I can see my Chromecast on the app, I click on it, I get the feedback sound from the speakers and nothing happens. Every. **bleep**. Time. After 1,000 reconnecting intents it works as long as I don't skip any song, i.e. only opening the spotify app on the phone destroys the whole thing. 

Why? And what can I do? What are you plans to make it work? Do I have to a buy a Network AV Receiver to get rid of Chromecast just because the connection isnt't working since ever? 

8 Replies

Re: Chromecast functionality is totally broken

MartinNZ
Regular

Same issue. Same app version. Same Android version. Galaxy S8+ handset.

Chromecast connect has always been kinda hit and miss, but as of a week ago I've been unable to connect to ANY chromecast or chromecast audio device. It makes the "bleep" sound when selecting the device but then reverts back to "this phone" and never plays on chromecast.

It's undoubtedly a spotify issue as casting from other apps works just fine.

The usual restart of wifi router and all devices on network including handset and google home fails to resolve this problem.

It's getting very annoying now and frankly I'm at the point I'm reconsidering my long standing premium subscription in favour of "other" music streaming services.

@Spotify please get this resolved and quickly.

e5nduui-9a_l7
Casual Listener

Same problem here... some albums cast and some don't. Sometimes an album casts perfectly and once I select another band cromecast says that my account is  is being used in another device and then i'm unable to cast, just keeps on "connecting". Back to the former album I was hearing and casts ok again. Only way I'm able to cast a "connecting" album is deleting cache and data from the spotify app, then it works. 

Hello @e5nduui-9a_l7@Trezzi and @MartinNZ,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try updating the Firmware on your Chromecast and also rebooting your router.

Reinstall the app on your mobile device as well using these instructions.

If this still does not work, could you try moving the router and Chromecast closer to each other and let us know if that makes a difference?

Hope it will work. Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

e5nduui-9a_l7
Casual Listener

No @Guido it's not related with firmware or restarts, it's faulty Spotify software and it's related to this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Connect-Can-t-play-songs-saved-to-Your-Library-on-Co...

MartinNZ
Regular
You're kidding right. The firmware is current on the chronecasts. And like I already said restarts and reinstall make no difference.

All other apps except Spotify are casting just fine so moving the router closer is also not a valid answer.

This is a pointless reply, clearly haven't read the messages in the thread at all.

Trezzi
Regular

@Guido 

No, as I said and as everybody knows. It is the fault of the app, this is it. The problem is simple: Spotify doesn't work with Chromecast atm. I did all the actions before, because you know, if you Google it you see how many people have these problems and you also see how Spotify Community Manager always post the same "solution", knowlingly that this isn't a solution.

Manuel_V

Be a bit more smart than that Guido

mikes124
Regular

Same problem with Chromecast built-in

SUGGESTED POSTS