Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast keeps disconnecting (IOS)

Chromecast keeps disconnecting (IOS)

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone (several) + Chromecast (several)

My Question or Issue

When playing the Chrome cast unit stops playing after 1-10 minutes. On the phone the music is paused. If pressing play the music continues on the phone. To play on Chrmoecast again I have to reconnect from the Spotify app. The amount of time it plays appears random but is typically about 2 minutes and pretty much never mote than ten minutes. It is the same on both my Chroma cast units (1 Video, 1 Audio) and from four different iPhones. Problem started late 2019, maybe in November.

I do not have these problems with other providers/apps such as SVT, SR, Netflix, Viaplay, or I like radio.

12 Replies

I have the exact same problem, started a month or so ago.

yeah it is so frustrating, I'm experiencing this problem since autumn last year and now progress since then. Is spotify doing something about it? obviously it happens to lots of people. 😕

Same here: using Android 10 smartphone. Spotify on the Chromecast just quits after a few songs (can be 2, can be 10, no pattern observed) and on the phone the playback is paused and playback device has moved back to phone.

Same issue here. I am using Spotify app on Windows 10 PC and Spotify app on Android 9 LG G8S smartphone and casting to a marantz SR6010 receiver. Connection drops and sometimes resumes without any action or I have to chage casting to local and back to receiver to get the sound back. Receiver and phone a windows OS are all update with latest software or firmare.

It's very frustrating issue since I got the premium account to get the best experience. 

Hope someone here is getting into this problem and trying to solve it.

Same Problem

Minor update. I had poor performance in my intranet. After rebuilding it I may have experienced a slight improvement with Spotify. I read that installing the app might help and for the first day it seemed it did but that was just temporarily. But now I have a NEW PROBLEM when Spotify disconnects Chromecast is no longer in the list of devices to connect to and I have to restart Spotify to get it back. In all it still sucks. 

Hi all,

Just jumping in here to let you know that this is an issue we're aware of and that the relevant team is currently working on a fix. 

If you're affected by this, we suggest you head here to add your +VOTE and leave a comment with the relevant info requested int the Status Update. Also make sure to subscribe to the thread so you'll be notified if there are any updates.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if you need help with anything else 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

One thing to eliminate, make sure your WiFi router and access points are all using the same SSID.  In other words, the same WiFi name. Don't have different ones for 5Ghz and 2.4 Ghz, or different ones for extenders etc. 

I got a chromecast in March & have been having the same problem w/ both my iphone & ipad. It's very frustrating! I have found that this keeps happening when I cast directly from the Spotify app, but not if I am playing through the Google Home app. What I've been doing is opening Spotify to start playing what I want to listen to & then going through the Google Home app to connect to the TV.

It's a pain in the **bleep** though. I just want to be able to connect through Spotify & not get up after two songs to reconnect to the TV.

Same problesame problem. mmy Pixel 3xl, running Spotify, casting to Chromecast device plugged into my hifi. Works for about 20mins. Then suddenly drops connection.

Also often takes ages to reconnect.

Yep,same here too! I have to force stop Spotify, clear cache and restart.

The issue is still not fixed.
I don't have this problem with any other app. I have started to use YouTube instead.

Suggested posts