Chromecast keeps disconnecting (IOS)

Highlighted

Chromecast keeps disconnecting (IOS)

Casual Listener

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone (several) + Chromecast (several)

My Question or Issue

When playing the Chrome cast unit stops playing after 1-10 minutes. On the phone the music is paused. If pressing play the music continues on the phone. To play on Chrmoecast again I have to reconnect from the Spotify app. The amount of time it plays appears random but is typically about 2 minutes and pretty much never mote than ten minutes. It is the same on both my Chroma cast units (1 Video, 1 Audio) and from four different iPhones. Problem started late 2019, maybe in November.

I do not have these problems with other providers/apps such as SVT, SR, Netflix, Viaplay, or I like radio.

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Chromecast keeps disconnecting (IOS)

I have the exact same problem, started a month or so ago.

Highlighted

Visitor
yeah it is so frustrating, I'm experiencing this problem since autumn last year and now progress since then. Is spotify doing something about it? obviously it happens to lots of people. 😕
Highlighted

Visitor
Same here: using Android 10 smartphone. Spotify on the Chromecast just quits after a few songs (can be 2, can be 10, no pattern observed) and on the phone the playback is paused and playback device has moved back to phone.

Same issue here. I am using Spotify app on Windows 10 PC and Spotify app on Android 9 LG G8S smartphone and casting to a marantz SR6010 receiver. Connection drops and sometimes resumes without any action or I have to chage casting to local and back to receiver to get the sound back. Receiver and phone a windows OS are all update with latest software or firmare.

It's very frustrating issue since I got the premium account to get the best experience. 

Hope someone here is getting into this problem and trying to solve it.

Highlighted

Visitor
Same Problem
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Minor update. I had poor performance in my intranet. After rebuilding it I may have experienced a slight improvement with Spotify. I read that installing the app might help and for the first day it seemed it did but that was just temporarily. But now I have a NEW PROBLEM when Spotify disconnects Chromecast is no longer in the list of devices to connect to and I have to restart Spotify to get it back. In all it still sucks. 

SUGGESTED POSTS