Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast not showing in Spotify App

Solved!

Chromecast not showing in Spotify App

I have 5 Chromecast Audios in hour home, connected to speakers (kitchen, outside, basement, etc). Within Google Cast all are shown, and it mentions I can open Spotify App to go 'casting'. It has been working since I installed the Chromecasts. It works on my wifes mobile (Samsung S6), and on my kids (Iphones of course). I have a Samsung S7, and as said, it has worked for months. And suddenly it has stoppen; when I open the Spotify App, it does not show that there are 'devices nearby' which normally let me choose between the different rooms. And again, it is working for my wife and kids. I have tried installing Spotify again on my phone, I have turned down the WiFi routers (but I am absolutely on the same netwerk). Any ideas; I'm getting crazy ! Why is this suddenly not working anymore ? We are on a family plan, btw. Thanks ! Robert-Jan

132 Replies

What works for me is a total reset of Spotify on Android. Go to settings - apps - Spotify - storage. Empty both the cache and the data. You will have to log in again. I have needed to do this after every new update of the app, otherwise connection to chromecast is a mess.

This sounds like a good approach. My Chromecast is showing up consistently
now and it's possible I did the same as you when flailing around trying to
fix it.

Oh, the irony: because of the infamous problem with offline songs disappearing, I have to reset Spotify quite often. I also haven't had the problem with Chromecast anymore (apart from random issues where only 1 of the 2 Chromecasts is found, or 0; this is almost always related to Spotify thinking it's offline, another issue of the app). I'm not sure if resetting solves Chromecast issues, but there atleast is some correlation (which says absolutely nothing, but one searches for causality in times of mass confusion).

I seemingly have ended up in such a web of problems, that some problems actually solve other problems. It's a good thing I used to be a boy scout. I love trail hunting problems!

#metoo

I have a chromecast and a chromecast audio. Sometime one or the other or both disappear from my Spotify "Connect to a device" list in android. I can sometimes fix this by switching phone wifi off and back on, or switching between SSIDs (5g vs not on same router). When this doesn't work, a hard reboot of phone seems to help. Not my favorite.

A force stop of spotify on my S9 got the chromecast to show when I opened the app again. 

I have been having similar problems and this has been driving me absolutely crazy. Your suggestion works. I started casting from Spotify within the chrome web browser and it showed up immediately in my iPhone app again! Life saver! Thanks! 

After last update, Chromecast audio devices not showing as well as the Onkyo Chromecast built in device although they show in the Google home app and tunein radio just fine. Spotify app has always been buggy, about ready to jump ship.

I'm having this issue as well. So are all my family members.

I've got 3 Chromecast Audio devices and a couple a couple of different cast groups.  Available devices show up one moment and disappear the next, same with the cast groups.

I have no problem seeing all the Chromecast audio devices and groups via SoundCloud, MixCloud, NPR One, etc. etc - essentailly every app that supports Chrome Cast except Spotify. 

This is quite frustrating as Spotify is the only one that I pay for.

What a shitty solution ! I dont want to open a computer every time the **bleep**ing spotify stop seeing rhe chromecast... if you restart your phone it also work and it is also a crapy solution ... spotify fix your app thats it

Settings > apps > spotify > storage > clear data

Should fix it

And IOS users?

I'm getting the exact same issue with Google Home devices. Our "Groups" that we've created are showing on some devices but not all. Once playing a song (through whatever trickery is required) the individual devices sometimes do appear but often not or some but not all of them. Seems like a very common problem with Spotify x Google devices.

This is really annoying. It happens intermittently for me, and the devices are always visible in Google Home but not in Spotify. It happens so frequently that half the time I prefer using my portable bluetooth speaker, rather than my sound system. 

Seriously, this thread is over two years old. Fix**bleep**, Spotify.

Suggested posts