Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast won't start playing.

Chromecast won't start playing.

When I cast from spotify the app starts up and the music is paused. When I press play it tries to play for around 1 second (the trackbar moves slightly) then it goes back to being paused at the start of the song. (The exact same thing is happening on the chromecast)

Demo: https://youtu.be/cB8x9N6fyZg

The only way I can get it to start playing is go to songs > hit shuffle repeatedly, between 1-10 hits it will usually start playing one of the songs.

- Happens when controlling it from Android and PC

- Happens on all Chromecast devices (started on original chromecast and now doing the same thing on the Chromecast 2)

- Chromecast and Spotify is updated.

This has happened since chromecast support was added, I waited for an update to resolve it but that hasn't happened. I can't find anyone else complaining about the same issue.

2 Replies

Although it is and old post...

On my son's device (android) we experience the same problem while all other devices in our family, both android and IOS, can start playback. 

To make it even more complex: playback from his device only fails on the chromecase audio, not on our other (video) chromcast.

Anyone has a clue how to fix this?

I fixed the problem by setting the Chromecast back to factory defaults and set it up again. Hence it seems more a Chromecast problem than a Spotify problem to me.

Suggested posts