Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Commercials

Commercials

Spotify began excessive commercials this last week but what I have a problem with was the one that suggested places to get abortions. This is not the format for such a thing not to mention I found it highly offensive. I’m not looking for the opinions of those that support such a thing but wanted others that are against the killing of babies to be aware. 

4 Replies

Hey @Susiequbee,  

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

To help you with this we'll first need to collect some more info about the commercial. Then we'll be able to have a closer look and assist you. 

Let us know the following: 

• Make, model and OS of your device. 
  • Is it a visual or audio commercial?
  • What's the name of the advertised service?
  • How often and at what time can you hear it (roughly)?

We'll look out for your reply. 

I doubt Spotify will do anything in this manner but I will no longer listen. 

I was listening on an iPad with a 3 year old. The service was in regards to finding places to get an abortion. I heard it during the day yesterday for the first time. We tried listening again and this seems to be a regular commercial. This is unacceptable. 

Hi Ivan,
I have also heard the abortion commercial played multiple times and I have the same concern. It is very uncomfortable for me to listen to that commercial. I actually stopped listening to Spotify this past week because that commercial was played so many times, and I am hesitant to return to Spotify because of that commercial specifically.

To answer your questions,
1. I am listening on an Apple IPhone 12 mini with iOS 14.2.1
2. It was an audio commercial, and one without the option to give it a “thumbs up” or “thumbs down”. (Most of the commercials in my experience have had this feature, but this commercial does not).
3. The advertised service is “abortion finder.com”
4. This commercial has played multiple times per day for me over the past week. I have heard it on Sunday and Saturday around 1 pm and again at 4pm. Mondays between 9 am and 2 pm (multiple times throughout those hours), and during the week at various times, although I don’t specifically recall the other times because it played so often. Due to the high frequency of that commercial, I have since stopped using Spotify.

Suggested posts