NEXT STEP

[Como Audio] Spotify as an Alarm Source gone with recent firmware

[Como Audio] Spotify as an Alarm Source gone with recent firmware

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Como Audio (Solo, Duetto, Amico, Musica)

Operating System

SDK

My Question or Issue

In earlier versions of the firmware on my COmo Audio devices it was possible to have spotify as an alarm source. this works great but this feature was removed from the firmware because Spotify required this to be removed. This is unacceptable and Spotify should allow for this feature to be reinstated.

On a device where the software has not been updated, I can still use Spotify as an alarm source, so it's purely a governance/ certification issue between spotify and the device supplier. Please fix this!

2 Replies

Hey @Henkk,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

If you'd like to suggest the option to (re)enable Spotify as an alarm source to use through your COmo device and present it as an Idea for Spotify, it'd be great for you to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Spotify Community

2. Click on Menu

3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions

4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you also wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is not useful at all. This function (Spotify as an alarm source) was present in the initial software version of the product. I have received information that the manufacturer has been instructed by Spotify to remove this feature. How stupid is this?

I consider this a bug that needs fixing. It's not a new idea that requires support from the community. Very much dissatisfied with Spotify's behavior towards manufacturers that incorporate the Spotify client.

Suggested posts