Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Compatible MP3 Players

Solved!

Compatible MP3 Players

Hello all! I just saw an ad on Spotify today, advertising the Roku app. I was very happy to hear that Spotify is on Roku. I'm now giving premium a second look. If I'm to be paying for premium, I'm going to want to be able to carry my favorite playlists with me (in addition to listening on the Roku at home). I'm aware that my old Sansa Fuze won't work with Spotify so I'm looking for what will. I thought this would be easy to find, but all roads appear to lead straight to http://www.spotify.com/mobile/overview/. It would appear that since Spotify did a site redesign, the page no longer exists. So I'm asking here (hoping this is the right board):

Where can I find a list of MP3 players that work with Spotify?

50 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there.

Thank for your question.

There's no option to transfer songs from Spotify as mp3. So most mp3 players not support Spotify.

There's option, most of high-end mp3 players are running now on Android and this way you can install Spotify. Usually storage is limited on these, so better option is just Android phone where you can easily hold 32 GB memody card for your tremendous Spotify collection being Offlined. I would suggest a phone around 150 €, it will not lack to run apps at same time.

For example LG Leon about 129 € will run Spotify. If you want durable glass, LG Spirit about 149 € have Gorilla 3 glass. I use Spirit for my music streaming and it is my main phone.

Hope this helps.

Hi Peter,

I live and die by spotify, it has completely revolutionized the way I listen to music and have spread it in my social circles like wildfire as a result. Thank you to you and the wider spotify team.

The issue I'm having is that,  I have premium however I'm on the cusp of buying a water proof iPod shuffle, which I'd imagine doesn't have app compatability. I have no downloaded music and wasn't planning to. Do you think Spotify might consider programming song downloadability which would remove any tracks not available offline as soon as synced up to the computer if premium was unavailable? I feel like there must be a solution for this problem. Particularly for sports enthusiasts who would rather not lug a phone with them both for the weight but also to not be disturbed I suppose...I'm sure with all those brains, a couple of team meetings could fix this. We have absolute faith in you. 

Best, 

Manny 

Apple music isn't compatable with Apples MP3 players. Learn't that the hard way. 

So that being said, aside from iTouch , are there any mobile (non-phone) devices which can download spotify? Google or Windows?

I just want a small, reasonably inexpensive device that I can use in the gym or out walking the dog.  I don't want to lug a phone sized device while I exercise. But I love my Spotify and the diversity of music that I get from it. Spotify knows me so well.  Please help, I don't think my little nano will do and that's the size I'm looking for. 

Amen to that comment.  Spotify is my best friend.  But my bff needs to exercise with me in a less encumbered manner

Google the kickstarter 'Mighty'

Nano-sized device

is that "Mighty" is an officially authorized device works on Spotify? 

I can't find its name of website, do you?

I think that the right solution for this problem is something like new Fiio X7 or a smartphone with a good DAC.

See more here:

http://www.androidguys.com/2016/04/02/fiio-x7-android-powered-digital-audio-player-review/

The reason I am looking for a device on which to play Spotify's playlists​ (I have premium on my android phone), is because my 10 year old wants music and I don't want her having a phone and therefore unlimited and unsupervised access to the internet. There have to be others who need simply a device that...shock, horror...only streams or plays downloaded music!

I'm looking for the same thing, same reason. Did you find anything suitable?

Nope, not yet. I move rather slowly 😉

I just bought a Delphin player from Underwater Audio and it's Spotify compatible. The Delphin is completely waterproof and allows you to use Sportify premium, Pandora one, or Audible to download music or audiobooks onto the device when you have WiFi. You can use the Delphin's Bluetooth capabilities to pair it with waterproof Bluetooth headphones or connect it directly to waterproof headphones. It is currently available on Indiegogo for pre-orders, which are going to be shipped in July. It can also be purchased in July when the product gets officially released. I can't wait to listen to music in the pool!

There is also this device, called Mighty (https://bemighty.com/), which will be released by June 16th. Maybe this is an option for you guys. 

If this was helpful, like the comment, please!

This looks promising! Thanks, I'll report back if we get it.

Awesome! Order one to try out.

There’s a new portable music player that’s looking to change the game by moving away from typical MP3 syncing and syncing with Spotify instead.

Mighty, which is on Kickstarter, uses your Spotify Premium account for iOS or Android to store up to 48 hours of your music in a compact, exercise-friendly device about the size of an iPod Shuffle. It’s the only non-smartphone device that plays your Spotify playlists without needing to be connected to the Internet.Instead of plugging in Mighty to grab songs, you select and download your Spotify playlists through the Wi-Fi connection in your smartphone. Other MP3 players and smartwatches don't have Spotify capabilities.

2016%2F02%2F24%2Fc1%2FMightHeader.4f2d0.jpg

Get a Mighty Audio streaming spotify player (device). They were on kickstarter but now sell on their website. Its like an ipod for streaming. It connects via the Mighty app, bluetooth or wifi to sync your playlists/songs.

So glad I posted here; some great suggestions 🙂

So glad I posted here; some great suggestions 🙂

Suggested posts