Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Compatible MP3 Players

Solved!

Compatible MP3 Players

Hello all! I just saw an ad on Spotify today, advertising the Roku app. I was very happy to hear that Spotify is on Roku. I'm now giving premium a second look. If I'm to be paying for premium, I'm going to want to be able to carry my favorite playlists with me (in addition to listening on the Roku at home). I'm aware that my old Sansa Fuze won't work with Spotify so I'm looking for what will. I thought this would be easy to find, but all roads appear to lead straight to http://www.spotify.com/mobile/overview/. It would appear that since Spotify did a site redesign, the page no longer exists. So I'm asking here (hoping this is the right board):

Where can I find a list of MP3 players that work with Spotify?

50 Replies

Not finding this on Android?

I save my spotify downloads on my device so i can listen when not online. Download them using wifi. Have to have a paid subscription to Spotify though. $12/month. CDs used to cost!

Im looking for exact same reasons. New I couldnt be the only one. Did you manage to solve your problem of using spitify without child acsessing the internet to look at other things ?  

Here. I think this will solve your problem. Mighty

Still haven't solved it. I have upgraded to a family Spotify account so she
can download songs and have them in her room when I have disconnected her
from wifi.

I went into JB HiFi just yesterday to ask if there is such a thing as an
alarm clock that will play a selected playlist. Nup. We should invent one!

Thank you.Just looked it up . Only available in usa at the moment but can ship over here. Thanks for the info, looks like it s the best thing. 

I'm really looking for a separate device that is not a phone, so that I can use it where phones are not allowed ... E.g. when resting between sauna sessions.

There is a device now:

https://bemighty.com

I have ended up downloading spotify tracks on my daughter's phone (I have a premium family account) and then I disconnect her phone from the home wifi. I also make sure the night mode/blue light filter is on. This way she has her phone alarm too and can wake up to a pre-selected track (not from spotify though). 

Oops, just realised I have already posted about this "solution". Mighty looks ok but isn't an alarm clock or mp3 player where we could also store other files (e.g., mindfulness meditation tracks). 

Before you get too excited and spring for premium, try the Spotify app on some else’s Roku first maybe. 

You’ll see the that the app was poorly designed and incredibly hard to work. I have premium, and I love it for my commute when I stream from my iPhone, but the Roku app makes for a terrible (if even usable) user experience.

Suggested posts