Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Compatible MP3 Players

Solved!

Re: Compatible MP3 Players

milespiko
I think Rhapsody will support your fuze

fanewsom

So, if you don't want to pay the outrageous cost of data download ever time you want to hear a tune, the only way to hear music away from home is to buy an album (or borrow it from a friend)?

samiig90
Regular

The "sneaky" way that I do it is I got the premuim account so that I could save my downloaded lists for offline use. Then I turn off my data (unless connected to WIFI) and listen to it that way. It's not the best solution, however it's something I've had to adapt to because they aren't able to work anything that doesn't have internet esstientally.

TemperusMaximus
Casual Listener
Nah you can save it for offline use.

My wiko highway's audio jack died after a year, have to struggle with it non stop. I'd like a dedicated device so i won't **bleep**up my cell every year or so.

As a response to the initial poster, there's a little mark on every song so you can save it locally after you've downloaded it, so you can connect your cellphone to just about any set of speakers by just using a 2$ aux cable.

To the person having issues with playing spotify from his laptop speakers/headset:
-rightclick on the amplifier icon in your windows taskbar, select playback devices.
-Pick the right output in the list & rightclick again
-Pick set as default

if this doesn't want to work (i've got 5 output devices connected to my pc's) Disable the rest (don't forget to show disabled devices though).

Your audiojack is limited due to international laws considering 'safe decibel' levels, USB, bluetooth etc don't have these safeties built in (my headset/logitech Z600 connected to earphone jack won't go loud enough, so i put em on bluetooth)

If you're still having these issues, feel free to contact me by email, I'm willing to prt scrn a solution if you want. Rik.vercruyssen@gmail.com

Kind regards,

de Rik

Spotify, get your own cheapo Mp3 player please. It's easily outsourced and it will sell, just spend some time on it.

TemperusMaximus
Casual Listener
Thanks for bleeping the rather profane words out spotify, makes it faster for me to comment.

Keep in mind language barriers though, kunt (k u n t) in my native language is dutch for can. I hardly use the C word online (actually i never used it, not in a way to insult people actually :)

De Rik

TemperusMaximus
Casual Listener
And yes, I'm using premium. It's cheaper the Itunes, cheaper then buying any album for one song, and more efficient then torrenting full albums etc. I can use the browse to look for new songs i might like, and i've got free choice and don't have to hear 'bout commercials and other wastes of MY time (keep it that way spotify, and stick to your current price, it's just good. I can understand increased costs due to more employees etc, i can not tollerate some jackas who just wants some more cash for his over the top lifestyle. I only got 'bout 800€'s a month, and I won't be alone at the subject. But as soon as the price gets too high, i'll be gone and I'll make sure the same minded people will follow. But I'm willing to spend my time making a step by step little piracy guide for the whole world, IF really necessary

kind regards

De Rik

d4nt4lion
Casual Listener

Hey,

some Philips and Sony MP3 and MP4 Players are running on Android and are WiFi capable.

You can just install the spotify app from the play store.

dannycronk
windows phone are the cheapest option ive seen.

danfandango

Droid Minis are now $50 on eBay. With a Premium account, that should allow the use of Spotify offline and be a cheap alternative to even an MP3 player. Strip of all the non-essential apps, put on the most economical power settings and the battery life should be decent as well.

steve-s332

I have just upgraded to Premium. My intent was to play music on my HiDef Fiio player, but I can't see a way to transfer music from Spotify to it, leaving me with low quality sound from my laptop.

It's entirely possible as a Spotify nube I just haven't spotted how to do this. Is there a way to do so?

SUGGESTED POSTS