Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Complete Sonos Integration...... please?

Solved!

Complete Sonos Integration...... please?

Sonos was the main reason I signed up for a premium plan and I love the service.

But it's killing me that I can't use all of the Spotify features through Sonos.  Who is holding this up?  Sonos or Spotify?

I really want Radio, app support, a better layout or the site, etc....

Any chance any of these will occur?

219 Replies

Jcoromina, where's the three months free I can only see offer for 1 month, can you point me in the right direction please.

In agreement with all written and reiterating somebody elses recent post.

Just want to urge other posters on this site to add their comments on the Sonos forum which is likely the best way to a full or partial resolution in the short term. Link below to an appropriate forum, Sonos do listen if enough people shout, please post your support for 'Your Music' feature on Sonos app.

https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/your_music_feature_on_spotify

My understanding is that the issue here is there aren't open APIs for Sonos to use to support radio, and the new changes with saved albums/artists.

Since I love my sonos it's spotify that's going to lose out. I'm part way through evaluating an alternative (google music) which has better support on sonos including radio. Interestingly the bluetooth support works better in car (track time) though that's minor.

I love spotify and have been a premium subscriber for about 3 years, but the lack of integration means it's now getting hard to reset the switch. I hope spotify can open up these APIs and allow us to have a great sonos solution.

@planetf1 wrote:

My understanding is that the issue here is there aren't open APIs for Sonos to use to support radio, and the new changes with saved albums/artists.

Since I love my sonos it's spotify that's going to lose out. I'm part way through evaluating an alternative (google music) which has better support on sonos including radio. Interestingly the bluetooth support works better in car (track time) though that's minor.

I love spotify and have been a premium subscriber for about 3 years, but the lack of integration means it's now getting hard to reset the switch. I hope spotify can open up these APIs and allow us to have a great sonos solution.

Yup, this is what is happening I believe.  And with Spotify Connect I don't think they're actively helping build out third-party hardware solutions that don't support Connect.

I'm right there with you in that I love Spotify, but it is hard to ignore other options that do a good job with Sonos integration.

I've just taken to tweeting the CEO of Spotify with a link to this forum to see if we get an official response on the matter.

So I happened to tweet the CEO of Spotify and ask for him to take a look at our requests and I got a reply from the @SpotifyCares account.  https://spotify.response.lithium.com/portal/conversation/1706346

What was interesting was that they want me to contribute to even more forum posts that are on this site (surely this own thread was enough???) and also to post in the Official Sonos forum, which coincidentally is my own forum post in the first place!

Come on Spotify!  You're users would like to see these changes implemented and would make your app an even bigger success than it already is.  I worry that if you continue to neglect a 3rd party such as Sonos then users will go elsewhere for their music.

That seems like you're being fobbed off.  Essentially 'spam' the site with forum posts and we might listen to you.

I'm trialling Google Music All Access at the moment.  3 month free trial as I have a Sonos.  The integration is far superior.  You can also use the Google Music app and send music to the Sonos if you prefer.  The library of music is extensive.  At this rate, I'll be cancelling my Spotify subscription.

I've found that Google Play All Access Music doesn't have everything that I want and the 'social' side of it - sharing tracks with others, facebook and Twitter is non-existant.

😞

Good Bye Spotify, hello Google Play!

Sorry but I don't agree that moving to another music streaming site is a solution!

Spotify/Sonos need to step up and make the necessary changes to whoever's API's/app etc that gives the paying customer what they need and what they truly deserve

A fully integrated Spotify experience on Sonos systems!  

Agree.  I can't say my response is a solution to the problem.

I suppose Spotify is under no obligation to do this and have their own interests in Spotify Connect, but may end up losing some customers to Google.

Well, you might wait a long time for something that will never happens. Spotify don't give a **bleep** about Sonos. Sorry. Move on.

Well, I think you're right about Spotify having their own interest in Spotify connect. 

I will be looking at google music also and quit the premium user @ Spotify.

Oh for f*ck sake Spotify, add the darn "Radio" and "Your Music" functions to the API so Sonos can integrate them in their Controller software.

I happened to notice a little 'Ideas' section on the Spotify website where people come up with suggestions on how to improve the Spotify service and the more "Kudos' a post gets the more likely they will try to implement the idea.

Someone has already started a post just recently asking for exactly what we need.  Don't suppose everyone fancies visiting it and giving it Kudos.  I'm willing to try anything to get this feature implemented.  

Seems this section of the forum doesn't really get looked at properly

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/quot-Your-Music-quot-Feature-on-Sonos/idi-p/790889

I can see what you mean Colby_84 but to be honest if Spotify can't be bothered to sort this out based on a clear problem that has already been notified to them , then I don't think I can be bothered and will stick to Napster. If our monthly subscriptions mean so little to them , they can .................

I just purchased a Sonos system and found out that you need Spotify Premium to even use Spotify on it. However, I don't have the time to select songs and make playlists all the time, thus wanting the radio feature. Oh well, I am on Spotify Premium trial and already have the day before it ends on scheduled on my planner to CANCEL. Thanks for the free trial, although a crappy one. Cheers.

I recently exchanged emails with both Sonos and Spotify support and after several emails, it seems that most of the problem is because of Spotify; that's a shame !

They should just **bleep**ing do it. I just signed up for premium because Last.FM says they stopped the radio feature and now support the one in Spotify  -so I was forced to switch to Spotify and now the **bleep**ing **bleep** does not work. I hate this. 

To be very simple: I want my Sonos system and I want a radio feature like the one I am used to from Last.fm - also to be found in Spotify. If you **bleep** heads decide to come up with some retarded plan to stop the one service in favor of the other then make sure you do not leave mad customers behind and provide a proper service. Or pay the money back. 

Just wanted to add my support to this topic. Love mySonos, big investment not going to change it any time soon. Love Spotify but very disappointed with the lack of integration and lack of functionality when using it with Sonos. Google Play is looking more and more attractive. If there is no sign of improvement very soon from Spotify I will be reluctantly changing my music streaming service!

Suggested posts