Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect Volume Controls not working on Hisense Roku TV

Connect Volume Controls not working on Hisense Roku TV

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

Canada

Device

Hisense Roku TV

My Question or Issue

In our home we make sure to always purchase devices that are "Spotify Connect" capable as we find it much more convenient thatn bluetooth connections. We use 2 Denon Receivers, HEOS Speaker and a Hisense Roku Smart TV. The "Spotify Connect" works properly on all but the TV and I am trying to figure out why. The device shows up in my Spotify devices as "Spotify Connect" and the ability to send music works along with play/pause/skip/etc, however the volume control does not function at all from our phones like it does on all other devices. The way we have it set up the TV is on a patio and we like to leave the TV concealed when it is not actually used to watch something. However since Spotify Connect is not working with the volume control from the phones it forces us to uncover the TV and get the TV remote out to change volume. It is not the most convenient and would prefer the phone volume control would work just like it does on all of our other devices.

Why is this happening and what can I do ?

Thanks.

8 Replies

Hey,

When you say it is not working, does it mean you can see the volume slider on the phone, but it just doesn't do anything? Or is it just phone doesn't give you ability change the volume remotely at all?

//S

My phone pops up with the little come box displaying "Patio" and the slider will scroll up and down but the tv does not show any response to this. I don't experience a change in volume nor does it show it's volume slider on screen.

This is happening to me as well. I have a TCL Series 6 with Roku on it. Spotify connect will show the TV as an available device, I can play music, stop, start, all that - but the volume doesn't affect the TV. On the Spotify app on my phone though it pops up a box saying "TCL TV" with the volume going up and down, it just never adjusts the TV volume.

It has to be a bug with the Roku Spotify app/channel, this all works fine when using Spotify Connect with other devices.
I uninstalled and re-installed both apps on the TV and my phone, made no difference.

Best workaround I've found is controlling volume from roku app remote. Not ideal, but I can still do it from my couch.

I just use the TV remote but again this is not the solution. The solution would be Spotify fixing the issue.

Hey @ChicoQuente, @c6q-_v3z71cjo, @brianculler, and @stratosn

The volume on some third party devices needs to be controlled via the device itself. This varies per device.

Hope this answers the question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

I'm afraid restating the problem does not solve or answer the question.

The app should be able to change the volume of the output device, this is very basic functionality.

We would like Spotify to amend this, please.

Many thanks,

Agustin

Hi All

I've had this problem but using the volume on my phone to try and control Spotify on my amazon echo paired system. 

If its any help as a work around.. I've found if I get music going on the speakers via my phone app then completely shut down the app on my phone, then restart the app.. The music contines on my echo throughout and for some unknown magic reason the volume on my phone can then control Spotify on my Alexa.

Presume Spotify are still working on a proper solution? 

Suggested posts