Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect to device option not working for some episodes of the same podcast, but is working with my p

Connect to device option not working for some episodes of the same podcast, but is working with my p

• Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

19 Replies

Hi there @lisarenee,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you give us a bit more info about what your exact issue is? What devices are you using and how are they connected?

Also it would be helpful if you can provide us links/URIs to the podcast episodes in question.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I wrote a long explanation and posted, I can't see if it worked?

Can you tell me if my reply is there?

Hi @lisarenee,

Unfortunately there is no message in your original post, only the header.

Can you try to repost your message. Thanks.

AlexModerator

I'll try again.

I have a Roku box and a Yamaha RX V679 amp, both of which have Spotify on them and are hooked up to the TV. I also have Spotify on my pixel 3 and my Lenovo 7 tablet. All of the systems are up-to-date, the latest Yamaha update was installed on Saturday, but the Spotify problem has been there for several weeks. The last Spotify update (last Friday I think) did not fix the problem.

When I log into Spotify on the Roku and try to play the last four podcast episodes from Yoko Pwno, it tells me that Spotify can't play this right now. The first episode plays fine. As do all my playlists, favourites, saved radios etc etc.

My tablet and phone give me the same message when I go into available devices, though they do see each other, as well as the Roku, Chromecast, and the Yamaha.

The Yamaha tells me to use my phone tablet or computer as a remote control for Spotify, and won't allow me to do anything else except to turn the screen off.

I have logged out, cleared cache and storage, and reinstalled Spotify on the phone and tablet, uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on the Roku.

The latest episode link-

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1a7WzSVo4rBVUC0UzFvVAX?si=ngWCzmLDSVieUkVeYcIlJA - as I said, the first episode plays on all my devices and casts from/too all my devices. It's just the last four episodes that are having problems. Yoko Pwno and other friends say they are not having any problems playing back on any of their devices.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Hey @lisarenee,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Just to double check- does the issue persist when you try playing the episodes without using Connect? It's also a good to try with another account. That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

You can also send us a screenshot of the error message. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Yes, I have attached three screenshots. The connect page as showing on my phone and tablet, the Roku screen, and the Yamaha screen. It is only the first episode that can be played on the TV via any of the devices.

Nobody with differing accounts that I have asked is having this problem. 

Screenshot_20201215-140836.jpg
PXL_20201215_140959283.jpg
PXL_20201215_141106327.PORTRAIT.jpg

Hey @lisarenee,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Could you try logging in to another account on the same device? By doing that we can see if it's an account-related issue. Are there any changes?

Just to double check- Can you play the episodes on your device without using Connect?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

The same thing with another account.

I can play everything and anything as well as all the Yoko Pwno podcasts on my phone and tablet, but can't connect four of the five podcasts to the Yamaha or Roku and can't play the same four direct on the Yamaha or the Roku, though I can play everything else on them directly.

Hi @lisarenee,

Thanks for all the info and your help in troubleshooting this.

Since you get the same results with another account on your devices, it's less likely an account related issue.

There are a few more options we have to try to narrow down where the issue is coming from.

Can you try connecting all your devices to a mobile Hotspot network? 

Keep us posted 🙂

AlexModerator

Hi, I have tethered to my mobile phone and the same thing is happening.

Hi @lisarenee,

Thanks for trying it and keeping us in the loop. 

Would you mind trying it with another podcasts just to make sure if this happens exclusively with the podcast you mention?

Additionally, could you play the podcast on your speaker device by using a Bluetooth connection instead of the Connect feature?

Let us know how it goes  - we'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Other podcasts work fine on the Roku and Yamaha apps. As they also work with Connect.

It is only the four Yoko Pwno episodes that don't work on these.

Bluetooth from my phone to the Yamaha works fine for these episodes, so does screen casting from my phone. The Roku doesn't have Bluetooth.

Hi @eni,

Have you discovered why my app/s aren't working correctly?

There was a Spotify update on my phone and tablet yesterday, but that has not fixed the problem.

Look forward to hearing from you

Lisa

Hey @lisarenee,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

The troubleshooting done so far indicates that the connectivity issues seems to stem from the Roku. We recommend that you double check that the firmware is up to date and run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. If that doesn't do the trick we recommend performing a factory reset of the device. That way any corrupted firmware files will get removed and replaced.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

The Roku factory reset didn't work.

Hey @lisarenee,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We have one more troubleshooting step we'd like you to try - using the log out everywhere option and then tryin to connect anew.

Could you let us know if the Yamaha receiver and Roku are connected in any way? If they are does it make a difference when you disconnect them?

Also, are you able to control them from any of the other devices? Do you see the same error on all devices you give it a go with?

Let us know how thing worked out.

Mihail Moderator

I have logged out of every thing and back in, except the Yamaha, which I had to factory reset.

Still the same results.

They are all connected by the same internet address, the Yamaha feeds the TV on HDMI 1, feeds the Roku on HDMI 2, Chromecast on HDMI 3, and I have a Blue Ray dvd player feeding into the Yamaha so I can utilise the speaker system.

Both the Yamaha and the Roku have their own Spotify apps and neither of these are working properly.

The Yamaha Spotify should play via Connect devises and the Roku Spotify has my account attached and is independent.

Hi, do you have any further suggestions? Or answers for me?

Lisa

Hey @lisarenee,

We appreciate the time you've taken to try our suggestions and keeping us posted.

It looks like the issue is specifically tied with those episodes and those devices, as we couldn't reproduce this on our end, and they work fine in the other devices you play them on.

In this case, we recommend reporting the affected episodes as Broken or incorrect content by following the steps you'll find in this article. Although we can't commit to a timetable or whether or not this will be fixed, the right folks will look into it.

In the meantime, we recommend listening to them directly on the devices they work fine, by Bluetooth to your Yamaha receiver, or by casting them to the TV from your phone.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're just a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts