Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Corrupt file, song will only play for 1 min 23 sec

Corrupt file, song will only play for 1 min 23 sec

The song Rupturing by Emily Jane White from the album They Moved In Shadow All Together only plays for 1 min adn 23 seconds than it skips to the next track. However if I fast forward (click) on a later part of the song it still plays. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

(iPhone 7, Macbook Air)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

The song Rupturing by Emily Jane White from the album They Moved In Shadow All Together only plays for 1 min adn 23 seconds than it skips to the next track. However if I fast forward (click) on a later part of the song it still plays. 

4 Replies

Hey @Cruyff! Welcome to the Spotify Community! 🙂

That's odd.

Have you tried to reproduce this issue in another device? To see If that happens there top?

Is this the only song that is corrupted?

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Peace

So, the song works on mac air, iphone, just not when I chromecast it, then it appears to be corrupt. I've tried to delete, add, reinstalled chromecast so many times by now I think I need some coffee. I don't know know what to do. Thankful for any input, ideas or coffee. Cheers!

I found this post because I have the same issue with a different song. I tried playing the Emily Jane White song in question with my iphone SE via Chromecast Audio and it skipped forward to the next song at the very same point as noted above (I'm in Canada). It's only a problem when using Chromecast. I have the same problem with the song "French Disco" by Stereolab off the album Oscillons From the Anti-Sun. It always skips to the next song at 3:11, but only when using Chromecast. Weird.

Hey @rosshahn and @Cruyff,

First, make sure that:

• Your Spotify app is up-to-date.
  • All devices’ software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software. 

If that doesn't help, can you try using the Connect feature to other devices/speakers with the same tracks and see if the same thing happens? 

Lastly, can you send us over the URI's of the tracks?

Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts