Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Creating a Podcast Follow Button

Creating a Podcast Follow Button

When I try to create a Follow Button for my podcast using the button generator found here: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/widgets/generate/follow-button/, I get a "Sorry, couldn't find" error. I copied the URI directly from Spotify so I'm certain I'm using the correct one.

Is it possible to create a follow button for a podcast? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Paul

12 Replies

Hey Paul, help's arrived.

We'd recommend reaching out to the folks over here. Or, if you'd prefer you can tweet them at @SpotifyPlatform. They should be able to look into this more.

Hope that helps! 🙂

I've also run into this issue while setting up a follow button for a podcast. Is this something that isn't supported for podcasts yet?

Same issue here, any updates?

Same problem.

Do we have an update for the same? 

Hey there @JSilvas, @djcnile, @ankittaneja

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm, have you guys tried the suggestion made by @Jemi? Spotify has a team specializing in issues related to software development and integration. They'll be able to help out with your query. 

You can contact them here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Hi!

Any news on this?

Yes, but it seems the follow button does not support podcasts. How can I make my page visitor to click and subscribe to the podcast on spotify right away?

I went there but that link tooke me to a landing page where it is difficult to find out what to do to contact this people. However, the instructions of the spotify button are not for podcasts.

Is there any way to create a follow spotify podcast button? or at least a button to listen to the podcast in spotify?

Hey there @rickerdasilva,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

You can locate the developer support channels when you scroll all the way down on the main page from and click on Support

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No, it did not. You should supo sending people to a dead end road short
answer is no, there is no Spotify follow button badge for podcasts.

The best way(which is not ideal) to do that is embedding your podcast
show. The player has an options button the slow people to follow your
podcast.

Are Follow buttons for podcast shows not supported yet?

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting on this thread.

As @Jemi shared on a post, these matters related to app development and integration are handled by these folks from Spotify for Developers. 

Cheers.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts