Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Creating different listening "modes" under one account - ie: "work mode"/"party mode"

Creating different listening "modes" under one account - ie: "work mode"/"party mode"

Plan - Premium

Country - USA

My Question or Issue

While at work, I use my Spotify premium for ambient background music.  Usually I will listen to melodic, "chill/focus" type music.  I have found that when attempting to listen to any music outside of work, Spotify will assume that I still want to listen to the slow, "chill/focus" type music. This might not seem like a big deal but if I am trying to play "party" type music or rock and roll, the music selection will still rotate through the slowest, "chill-est" versions of said category.  It becomes frustrating to have to continue to skip through multiple songs each time, in order to get to the more upbeat stuff.

My question: is there a way to have two user modes for an account? Similar to how Uber has a Personal and Business option under the same user account.  This would allow my Spotify to learn the music that I enjoy during my boring work day, and separately, learn the music that I would prefer to listen to when out for a good time.  

1 Reply

Hey @dculen, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a great time!

The more music you listen the better the recommandations you get are! Spotify will also learn what music you listen throughout the day and will make recommandations for that too. You can read this FAQ for more information.

However, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts