Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crossfade option on web player & Daily Mix Q

Crossfade option on web player & Daily Mix Q

Hi all . 

As part of my "Research" switching to Spotify or not , I have some questions please :

1. I couldn't find any cross fade option within the web player . I'm using Chrome but checked that already on Explorer and couldn't find such option . Does it exist ? I know it's available on the desktop app and mobile . It would be nice to have it also on web player .

2. Yesterday I got my first daily Mix . I have found some new artists . Does it getting better during use or after a few months I'll start to get the same songs/Artists ? 

3.What's the difference between the heart near every song playing on Daily Mix mode , to the + icon ?  . The heart says "Favorite" and the + says " Added to library" . I thought that every song is added there , no matter if I'm using heart or + 

4. Anyone here used Deezer before moving to Spotify and can share his/Her thoughts about it ? I'm premium subscriber on Deezer 

Thx !

3 Replies

1: Right now the web player does not have a crossfade option

2: I have found that the Daily Mixes do not always show the same songs. They update several times throughout the week/month with fresh stuff depending on what I am listening to. I am never dissapointed when using it, I find the selection to be great.

3: Both the heart icon and the + icon save the song to the "songs" section of Your Library.

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/search_play/daily-mix/

According to the help article, these are what the icons in Daily Mix do:

Like a track? Tap  while it plays! It will save to Your Library, and your Daily Mix will remember that you like it. 

Hate a track? Tap while it plays so it won’t crop up in your mix again. You’ll also get the option to remove all songs by that artist from your mixes. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thx Matt 

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts