Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mix algorithm - can I make these playlilsts better?

Daily Mix algorithm - can I make these playlilsts better?

I used to listen to Daily Mixes a lot on different occasions, cause they were really different and could differentiate one genre from another. But now it's just a bunch of playlists with all sorts of artist. I have 6 Daily Mixes and pretty much none of them don't make any sense genre- and mood-wise (based on what the AI could do before - and I could actually listen to it):

1. Lana Del Rey, Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish, Shawn Mendes, Harry Styles, Charli XCX
  2. Iggy Azalea, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, P!nk, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, NF, Fall Out Boy
  3. Twenty One Pilots, Doja Cat, Daughter, The xx, Gorillaz (ridiculous)
  4. G-Eazy, Future, Kanye West, Eminem, Drake, A$AP Rocky (this one makes the most sense)
  5. Jessie Ware, Solange, WILLOW, Joji, Chloe x Halle, FKA Twigs (see some theme as well)
  6. Lily Allen, Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Eurythmics, George Michael (is this supposed to be like old pop or something? The first 3 artists are still doing music)

Tell me it wouldn't make sense to combine 1, 2, and 6, and either make a daily mix for female rap/R&B or combine them with 4. Lana could be in 5. 

My Daily Mixes used to be like 1. Pop, 2. Rap, 3. Rock/Indie bands, 4. Indie and now it's just all together. Moreover, you removed the "dislike" button on PC so I can't even teach the AI what I like and what I don't. And when I dislike songs on my phone, they just add different songs from this artist - but I just want to explain that Doja Cat and Daughter are not really matching.

I honestly would like if Spotify just reseted what it knows about my music preferences and tried to make these playlists again. And I don't want it to stop playing some of these artists completely - not at all. I want it to be able to at least sort out the basic music genres like it used to.

1 Reply

Hey there @Indemik_RU,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We appreciate the feedback and will forward it to the right team. You can click here and follow the steps to submit your idea on our Ideas Boards. That way other users can also support it.

Tip: If you don't want to see a song in the Daily Mix, you can open the playlist on your phone and remove it.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts