Date added is misleading

Date added is misleading

MB911
Regular

I was making a playlist for a few months for my girlfriend, with certain songs added on special days. As the weeks went on and the "15 days ago" turned into dates, I noticed some of them were off. I talked to two different people from Spotify and neither was able to help or willing to reach out to someone that could, like a programmer. The second one told me that the added dates are probably based on UTC time zone, which makes sense, but I had no way of knowing that before. I know the date added isn't something people really care about but it was pretty sad to see a song that I added on her birthday show up as the day after. If someone who has the power to change dates could help me I would appreciate it. I'm being stubborn because it means a lot to me. Additionally when someone tells me "sorry that can't be changed" it just sounds like laziness. There are things in life that truly seem impossible but I'm not convinced this is one of them... If that's the response you will give me I appreciate it but I prefer no response. Thanks!

2 Replies

Re: Date added is misleading

Peter

Hey @MB911,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this and for summarising your contact history with the Customer Support team 🙂

This thread was submitted as an idea in the Idea Exchange, however we've now moved it back to the help boards, since it does not make a specific suggestion.

We suggest you submit a new idea, making sure that you include in the description what you'd like to be improved and how. For example, you could suggest that the timestamp for when a song is added is set to local time rather than to UTC.

Let us know if you have any questions about this - we'll be right here.

Take care for now 🙂

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Re: Date added is misleading

MB911
Regular

Hi. Thanks for your time. Making the date added local time is not an idea that anyone would care about unfortunately. My post was to ask for help in fixing the incorrect dates that are important to me on the playlist. From my original post: "If someone who has the power to change dates could help me I would appreciate it. I'm being stubborn because it means a lot to me. Additionally when someone tells me "sorry that can't be changed" it just sounds like laziness. There are things in life that truly seem impossible but I'm not convinced this is one of them... If that's the response you will give me I appreciate it but I prefer no response. Thanks!"

SUGGESTED POSTS