Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Delete or "unlink" devices on spotify connect

Solved!
Highlighted
5 people liked this

Delete or "unlink" devices on spotify connect

Baptiste_Yahya
Casual Listener

Hi everyone !

First of all, happy new year and best wishes. Let's make this new year as best as we can for the Spotify community ! ;)

Okay so now, let's try to explain my current problem:

During a party, I have used my spotify premium account and linked it to a Bose soundtouch system in a friend's house.
Everything went well, but after a while, I realised that people could use my account to play songs they wanted, and worst, that they could accidentally select my private Soundtouch devices at my own house, miles from where I actually were during th party.

No need to say that I was kind of scared my parents would have a panick attack in the middle of the night if that happened. Hopefully, it didn't happen. I left the party, and made sure to disconnect and everything (clicked on button " disconnect from all the devices on the profile page on the web, even changed my password (just in case) ).

But now, my problem is that the soundtouch device I was connected to at my friend's house is kind of "linked" to my Spotify Connect devices.
Now I am kind of scared to select their device accidentaly. (same problem but different perspective)

I would like to know if there was a way to "delete" a specific device from the list on my computers, and smartphones / tablets .

I have searched a bit on the forum, and might have seen something about a similar problem, but was not able to find a concrete solution about that problem.

I guess it was on that post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Self-Service-Device-Management/idi-p/51075

Anyone could help ?

Thank you for your help ! Have a lovely day

Kind regards,

Baptiste

Enc.: screen shots of the list of my "linked" devices and where I have clicked on the "Disconnect from all the devices" button

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 3 people liked this

Re: Delete or "unlink" devices on spotify connect

miqlo

Same problem here and it's annoyingly also the case that the remote device can assert control of my desktop Spotify; pause and play happening from time to time.

Update: Removing all remote devices, logging out everywhere and resetting password appears to have worked. This was the Spotiamb 0.2.1 issue/exploit that many others appear to have been affected by.

Solution! 5 people liked this

Biggiejay86
My old roommate and I both have premium Spotify accounts. He moved out but now we both get "sync'd" to each other's devices automatically if we are trying to use Spotify at the same time...despite being in different places and logged into different Wi-Fi/mobile data networks AND using different devices - e.g. I use an android smartphone and he has an iPhone. It's really strange and neither of us has been able to find a solution to our problem. In a nutshell, if he is streaming music on his device and I log on, I will be forced to listen to whatever he is streaming or vice versa until he logs off. It's as if we are sharing one account even though we have different accounts that we BOTH pay for. If anyone can shed some light on this issue or suggest a way to correct the problem WE would both be very grateful to get back on our individual "music vibes and chill" abilities. Thanks in advance.
James
Solution! 6 people liked this

gali130

how do you remove remote devices?

40 Replies
1 person liked this

Baptiste_Yahya
Casual Listener
So I guess for now the best way is not renewing my spotify premium account? ...

SHADEYMAN-GB
Regular

Hi, this might help.

https://support.spotify.com/ph/learn-more/faq/#!/article/how-do-i-remove-my-offline-devices

If that fails use THIS to request someone at Spotify to do it for you.

Baptiste_Yahya
Casual Listener
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it's not considered as an offline device.
I have sent a request to the team. I will let you know ASAP !

betordz

I have the same problems, speakers as: Bose and Denon do not appear on the list of Offline devices.

Were you able to get a solution to this?

Regards

Baptiste_Yahya
Casual Listener
Hello!
I have unfortunately never found a solution except not renewing my Spotify premium subscription :/
9 people liked this

hembolive

Dear my friend,

i solved the problem now !

Just login to your Spotify Account at the website spotify.com, then go to "account overview" and click "sign out everywhere". You had to login in every device manualy again.

Best reguards

spotify-unbind.PNG

melehuna

I see that a solution is posted by hembolive. But I want to tell you that I use the Bose or Sonos app when I want to join a friend's speaker(s), and it does not create the same dilemma. Those apps only recognize or control speakers on the current wifi network or local bluetooth. The playlists and songs that I actually played on the friend's speakers continue to be available to others using the local speakers, but nothing else about my account is accessible to others.

cronky
Casual Listener

hembolive's solution does not work. I connected to a Samsung R1 speaker at a New Year's Eve party to play some playlists. The day after, I realized that I was still connected even though I was no longer on that wifi network.

I followed the instructions and signed out everywhere. When I sign back in, the Samsung speaker is still listed as a connected device and I can select it and play to it.

Any advice?

2 people liked this

shadownight87m
Casual Listener

hello,
i had same story , used a speacker from a friend while doing renovations now i gave back to him....and i see his hole speacker set up from samsung (6speackers) :/ wierd but ok

i've done 
1 disconnect all devices >> doesnt worked;
--------
2 change password? its linked with my facebook .... ok so i changed facebook password >> doesnt worked
3 >> 2+1 ? >> still not ok ....
4 >> facebook settings privacy > disconnect all locations + spotify rights >> stil not ok 
:@@@@ getting realy mad !! >>> writing mail too spotify....

5 >>>> i see an option , set a password... perhaps i can try this too.... + number 1...

Set a password for your devices

Set your device password to use Spotify on your Sonos, Squeezebox and a whole heap of other devices.
***OPEN SPOTIFY APPLICATION >> LOGIN WITH THE SPECIAL USERNAME INSTEAD OF FACEBOOK LOGIN + YOUR FRESH CREATED PASSWORD ***

MIRACLE all the devices are GONE!!!
i hope it stays this way.. but its worth the try

SUGGESTED POSTS