Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is Connect and how can I use it?

Elena

Answer:

Spotify Connect allows you to listen on speakers, TVs, and other devices using the Spotify app as a remote. You can take a look at this page to see the most common Connect compatible devices.

You can start the Connect feature from your phone or tablet and control the app on your other devices. It’s important that all devices are on the same Wi-Fi network for this to work flawlessly.

To get started on Mobile you’ll need to:

1. Start streaming a song to get the Now playing view.
  2. Click on Devices available
  3. Choose the device you’d like to connect to from the list.

Currently to be able to control another device via the Connect feature on Desktop and the Web player, you'll need to start playing music from the device itself or have the Spotify app open first. Then you’ll get to see it in the Devices available list on your computer.

FAQ

Q: My speaker isn’t showing up although it’s on the same network as my phone. What can I do?

A: It’s a good idea to restart both your devices and your router to make sure everything is synced up correctly. You should also check if all devices’ software is up-to-date. 

Check out this Spotify Answer for more steps you could try out.

Q: I’m seeing devices that are not on my Wi-Fi in the Connect window. How can I remove them?

A: You can navigate to your settings both on mobile and desktop and under Devices you can turn on the ‘’Show local devices only’’-option.

Q: Why can’t I play some songs via Connect?

A: It’s possible that you’ve uploaded these songs as local files and right now you can’t play those with Connect.

Q: Do I need Premium to use Connect?

A: Not necessarily. Connect now works with a free account on some devices. You can check the requirements with your device's manufacturer or create a new thread on our Community if you're still unsure 🙂

Q: Why don't I see any devices when I open ''Devices Available'' on desktop?

A: Mobile devices and speakers don't show automatically on the desktop app unless you had the app open on them first or played music with the app active on both devices.

Didn't help? Search for more Spotify Answers, or create a new thread and ask the Community.