Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon 2113 always registration

Denon 2113 always registration

Hello People,

I have an issue with my receiver Denon 2113 and spotify. Every time i start spotify, I have to enter my login credentials an accept their terms. Is there a way to save those?

btw: i have a premium account.

62 Replies

I did, but Denon said it was not a premium account =/ 

I've tried with a new account now and it works. I'm gonna reopen a case with Spotify so they can compare the two accounts.

good luck, in my case they didnt understand anything

I guess I should aim for a new account then. How is the best way to do this? Cancel payment and set up a new one myself, or just contact support and let them do it?

Overall I feel the software of the unit is pretty buggy. This seems like a really odd problem that should easily be fixed, especially if it's a "known problem". Having people create multiple accounts seems like a bad solution (but obviously the best right now..)

i canceled my account, in my opinion it is very important to create support tickets in denon and spotify support systems, because this needs a fix.

I agree, if we want to see this fixed it's important that everyone experiencing the issue reports it to both Spotify and Denon support. The quicker they realize it's a problem the quicker it will be fixed.

After a couple of mails back and forth with Spotify support, I finally received this answer:

"Thanks for staying in touch with us here at Spotify.

The issue you're experiencing is one that our team are aware of and are working towards a universal solution for.

As soon as one is reached, Spotify users will be notified first, via our website.

Sorry i haven't been able to assist you more on this occasion, all the best from the whole Spotify team :)"

It's strange they didn't tell me this earlier, but it may be that they have just started looking in to it.

Good work, at least now Spotify will contact Denon to find a solution to this. 

I got my fix today, made a new account (spotify) and login is saved. But it would not surprise me if the same problem appear again. 

we will see

I'm a bit surprised when you guys say you recreate accounts to "fix" the problem :

as far as I know, ONLY premium accounts are supported on hardware device. That means you REsubscribe with each new account ??? you're that rich or something to pile up subscriptions ? ^^

When you pay for a new subscription, you'll get a month free (they substract the money after one month). So, you have to give credit card details, but they don't take any money. Hence you can create new accounts, take your regular credit card, make it premium and then try it out. 

It worked for me, then I just replied to my support contact at Spotify and they moved all playlists etc to my new account and deleted the old one. 

interesting, thanks, I'll keep that in mind the day I can enter another account on that darn player : if only I could log out from account on the Ceol... each time I click log out, I'm back to square 1 (initialisation/etc)

Another thing I don't get is you're supposed to get factory reset on the Ceol (N5/N7 at least) by pressing volume Up and Down buttons while plugging the cord. This thing doesn't work either, you can wait the advised 5 seconds, or 10, or 1000, strictly nothing happens...

Factory Reset and initializing both doesnt help. i tried this ~ 50 times

I mean factory reset to delete my actual spotify account from memory

then I could be able to enter & try another one, something I can't even do right now...

of course, this would be much better to have a working firmware, but I don't intend to get screwed for the many months it will take...

I too have to login w user / passw / registration everytime using spotify on my Denon avr-3313. spotify please fix now

Any news on the Fix for Spotify on the Denon 2113?

I have had two units and they both had the same problem, so I am sure that the account problem is the issue.

I have the same problem. I have to login each time I want to use spotify on my Denon 2113 (but at least it did work with spotify from the first day with my account).

Besides, I have playlists, search, starring, news, ..., but I do not have (or did not find) radio functions (based on track, artist, ...). Is it me or is this a known "feature" ?!?!?!

@jcapj wrote:

I have the same problem. I have to login each time I want to use spotify on my Denon 2113 (but at least it did work with spotify from the first day with my account).

Besides, I have playlists, search, starring, news, ..., but I do not have (or did not find) radio functions (based on track, artist, ...). Is it me or is this a known "feature" ?!?!?!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Radio is not currently available in the Spotify API and libspotify meaning that partner devices such as Denon and Sonos do not yet have access to the Radio function. Hopefully it will come sometime in the future. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter. I will keep posted for future developments.

I also have a Denon RCD-N7. Still no internal support for Spotify ? Airplay Spotify from my iPhone/iPad is the only solution, right ?

@jcapj wrote:

Thanks Peter. I will keep posted for future developments.

I also have a Denon RCD-N7. Still no internal support for Spotify ? Airplay Spotify from my iPhone/iPad is the only solution, right ?

I don't work for Spotify so I am not really sure, not a denon owner either 😛 

I would guess that if there is no available Spotify application (which is required) then yes airplay from the iOS app would be the only work around. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts